“A Nice Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Fort Myers, Florida
“A Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, and is located close to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are fairly modern and spacious. The complimentary breakfast is very nice. My only complaint is the elevator (Yes only one). It is very slow, and there is a long wait when housekeeping is also using it.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Front D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kind words and loved that you enjoyed our breakfast. We have recently restructured our housekeeping procedures to ensure that the housekeepers are not bringing their carts on the elevator. Once again Thank You for taking time from your busy schedule to do a review.
Heather S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wishek, North Dakota
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express over the weekend. Our family just wanted to go play at an indoor waterpark and we have never been to this one so we thought we'd give it a try. The pool area itself is very clean. It is a small space so it would be perfect for birthday parties, ect. Parents are able to watch children easily from any angle in the pool room, which is a great thing. However, the water was FREEZING! The hot tub wasn't much warmer. I asked the pool attendant what the temp. was and he claimed it was 80 degrees. No way! Maybe the hot tub was. I noticed that there was piles of sand/ dirt in both of the hot tub and pool....maybe they should invest in a pool vacuum. Besides that, there is some sort of anti- slip/ grip on top of the waterslide. OUCH, my butt! I tried to do a hop and slide and somehow still would get scraped. I thought it could just be me but I heard a lot of people saying my butt! Looking around, you would notice how red everyone's backside was. I eventually found humor in this. Yet, the next morning my poor butt was still scraped. I weigh 120 pounds so I can't imagine how some of the thicker guests feel after sliding. My suggestion is to wear boy shorts, or board shorts if you are a female....you'll thank me later! Would we stay again....yes. Did we have fun...yes. Would I pack differently....yes. BRRR...turn the heat up!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor. We couldn't hear anyone on the sides of us but up above was obvio...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Front D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our property. We value the feedback of our guest. Thank you for the complements on our pool area and we do take great pride in the fact that Holiday Inn Express and Suites Aberdeen is a perfect place to have a birthday party. I do apologize for the temperature of the pool and have addressed your concerns with the staff. The anti slip surface is a safety feature, I do apologize for the any inconvenience this may have caused you. Once again thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Sincerely Heather
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Aberdeen. It was a very clean hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The kids had a lot of fun in the pool area with the waterslide even though it was not a big pool. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was very good! Overall it was a very nice place to stay, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 58Sue59
Front D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your great comments! We always love to hear when guests enjoy their stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Aberdeen. Please come back and visit again soon!
Regards,
Hotel Management
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice clean rooms and comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast was average, the attendants were a little slow to refill items. The pool area was clean and the slide was fun, but the slide was only available when a lifeguard was on duty. When the slide was closed, there really wasn't much to do in the pool area because swimming area is extremely small. Overall the hotel is nice, but I do not consider it a good value.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Huggable_Wolfie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Huggable_Wolfie,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 16, 2013

As far as a Holiday Inn Express goes, this one is pretty good. I'll start with what I liked. The breakfast area, corridors, and room fixtures all looked new and updated to a high quality. The beds may have been on the new side too because they were quite comfortable, as was the bedding. The breakfast selection was also excellent in comparison to a typical limited service hotel, and they offered a free newspaper. Despite this, I think I can only give it a three-star review. This is mostly because the rate I paid was more in line with a Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza than a Holiday Inn Express. For this price I expect more mainstream hotel, and windows that do a better job of blocking noise (hotel is near a railroad and a highway). Its presence near the airport and attached to a convention center makes me think that it caters more to a clientele that may be paying event rates. However, for the leisure or business traveler it might be worth shopping around for a better deal on a limited service hotel. Aside from the overall value, I had no problems with my stay, so if you feel you are getting a fair price, by all means go for it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are likely quieter because of the highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikhail384230
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Mikhail384230,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. It was nice to hear you enjoyed our breakfast selections and comfortable beds. However, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the noise levels experienced by the railroad and if our room rates was less than satisfactory. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I just can't continue to stay here at $144 per night. I can't even get a good night knowing that I paid too much for a basic room. As a priority club member and a holiday inn vacation club member I am saddened to see how much these have gone up in price. That's about all I have to say about that.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Purrplehelmet,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations especially with the room prices. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn express while they were doing a lot of renovations. The lobby and pool were closed. We had to find a way to get into the hotel (which wound up being a side door) there was a lot of construction material all over the place and a lot of dust. The room we had was one of the newly renovated ones and was very nice. The only thing I wish was that they would have told us prior to our arrival of the constructions and how to get in. The price was good and I would stay there again. Although, I think I will confirm construction is over with first.

• Stayed February 2013