“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Carrington, North Dakota, United States
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this motel for one night with our 2 grandsons who are both 6 years old. The motel is clean, the beds are amazing, the staff are eager to help, the pool being open 24 hours was great and the breakfast was incredible!! Bonus: You enter your room and it's like a sanctuary as you hear NOTHING. Highly recommend this motel!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peggy B
AberdeenGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Aberdeen — Event Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Wow! Thanks for the great comments about our hotel! I'm glad your stay was great and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Deerfield
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this property on a recent fishing trip and was quite impressed with the staff and accommodations. The rooms were comfortable and in the evening I ventured down to the pool area and the onsite bar/pub for a drink. The next morning I was pleasantly surprised with the extensive breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank adammichael77
AberdeenGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Aberdeen — Event Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear we are doing the best to make our hotel stand out! Look forward to seeing you in the future!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable. Clean. Nice atmosphere. Front desk clerk absolutely sweet and could not have been more helpful and friendly. She made us a great pizza! Beautiful room. Comfortable bed. Great stay. Thank you.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MarMah
AberdeenGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Aberdeen — Event Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the great response. We are glad to hear of your wonderful stay. We look forward to you staying with us again!
Virginia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a great hotel and in a great location. The hotel is on the east side of Aberdeen so its a bit away from the in town traffic. The mall is right across the road. The rooms are very nice, clean, modern and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable too. The free breakfast is amazing, eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage, toast, fruit, cereal, yogurt etc. There is a pool too. I will stay here again next year when I need to come back for courses at the college. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pam W
AberdeenGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Aberdeen — Event Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your Survey and all the great comments! We look forward to you staying with us again!!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

At first glance the hotel looks very bland from the outside, however, that all changed when we entered the building. First and foremost, the pool area is open 24/7, which includes a spacious hot tub. The two queen bed rooms we stayed in included a microwave and fridge along with being very well kept up with. I noticed there was a note left saying it was cleaned by Amanda, I found it very genuine that personal responsibility was used here. The location of the hotel isn't quite as convenient as some others, but the difference is marginal. The breakfast they provide was above average with a decent variety of foods available. In closing, while I cannot speak for the pricing of this hotel due to us having used military rate, I will definitely be looking for an AmericInn on my next business trip. My only hope is that other locations of this franchise place their standards as high as this location. Thank you for lifting my expectations of hotels, AmericInn!

• Stayed May 2013
AberdeenGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Aberdeen — Event Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thanks for the great compliments! We are proud of our Hotel and take pride in it! I'm glad you had a great stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here last week and was the first time I stayed at this property. Usually I stay at the hotel across the street but a conflict made me switch. The staff was wonderful and welcoming when I arrived and throughout my stay!! I had a King bed which was very comfortable and they look like they just updated the room too. Breakfast had everything!!! The girl working even came around and asked me for a coffee refill!!! I thought that was so nice! I will be staying here from now on when I travel to Aberdeen!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We booked a jacuzzi suite for two nights so that we could enjoy our weekend watching our son graduate from college and also get away from a long winter at work. After we checked in on Friday afternoon we decided to go to the hot tub to begin our relaxtion. The hot tub was surrounded by yellow tape and not available for use. I was understanding of maintenance but thought it should have been done and completed by the weekend, especially a possibly busy weekend with a college graduation in town and many visitors. We then decided to forget the hot tub because we had a jacuzzi in our room and wanted to try the steam room. After waiting for it to warm up for at least 10 minutes it was still not working so I went to the front desk to ask for assistance and also towels because there were none available. The clerk asked us how many we would need and I said at least two...there are none though. She brought the towels and went into a back room and "reset a switch" and then told us to wait about 10 minutes and it should be working. We waited and it still did not work. I may add that last year when we were here, the steam room didn't work either. We went back to our room and gave up on that idea. Today, the day of graduation, we left at 9:45 and before leaving I stopped at the front desk to let them know that room service could take care of our room early because we would be gone until about 1 pm. We got back at a little after 2 and nobody had done the room. I called the desk and they said they were a little behind and that the check ins and outs were slowing them down. I understood and we watched some tv and took a nap. At 4 pm I called to say that it still had not been done and they said they were still working on it. At 4:30 pm I heard a knock outside and opened the door to find a housekeeping cart and maintenance knocking on the room next door. I mentioned to them that I thought they were knocking on my door but he said the room next door had a clogged sink. I called the front desk at 5:30 and was told that they were still working on the housekeeping. At this point I no longer understood. I told the girl that I know it wasn't her fault that this was happening but she needed to let management know that we were upset and that this was unacceptable by any standards. I am in a premium room that I reserved for two nights, not just one, and I am still sitting here at 6 pm in a room with no towels (maybe I need to go to the pool area before tomorrow) and irritated that I was under the impression that my stay here should be taken as a priority. I qoute the Guest comment card here "if we're not quiet, we don't expect you to be." My comment is I didn't think bothering the front desk is a requirement for staying here, they are quiet because they have no intention of taking care of you anyway!
I will also add that I was hung up on the last time I called and the clerk had a bit of an attitude...maybe I wasn't the only one upset?!!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi room is a bit far from the front desk but it is nice room as long as you don't stay...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy N
AberdeenGM, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Aberdeen — Event Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks Cindy for your Review! Sometimes in the hotel business things tend to act up! Unfortunatly our hot tub was acting up during the college graduations. We were waiting on parts and they didn't come in until the following monday. I did have arrangements with our local YMCA to allow anyone that wanted hot tub Amendities the use of their facility.

During these busy times in our hotel things tend to get a little crazy. I apoligize for not getting to your room until later in the evening. I understand how frustrating that can be!

I would love to talk to you and work something out for the next time you come Aberdeen. I can be reached at 605-225-4565 or aberdeen.sd@americinn.com

Again thanks for your comments!