“Nicest hotel in town”

Hampton Inn & Suites Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I only stayed one night, and did not have a chance to use the pool, workout room, or try the continental breakfast. The room, however, was fantastic! We had a king suite, fridge and microwave, couch, plenty of room. Everything was nice and still seemed new. The shades on the windows were great for an afternoon nap. It was nice to be able to go to the restaurant without ever having to go outside. The bed was sooo comfortable, the room very clean. It was so quiet we could have been the only guests in the hotel. We heard no noise from the hallways, or other rooms. I came here after three nights at the AmericInn, and the difference was like night and day! No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrislu

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a nice new property with spacious, decently appointed rooms. The beds are comfortable, the sheets are nice, the decor is fine. The lobby is comfortable and the complimentary breakfast is really quite good - freshly made waffles, yogurt, bagels/muffins, mini omelets, cereal, etc. Our kids really enjoyed it both mornings. The pool at the hotel is not very large but was perfectly adequate for our girls (ages 10 and 5). If you prefer more of a pool, the Holiday Inn next door will sell you pool passes for $5/person to use their pool. It has a big water slide and a small splash area perfect for little kids plus two hot tubs. We used that pool as well over the weekend. Overall I was pleased with this property except for the seemingly paper thin walls. Our room was on the top floor at the end of the hall, so theoretically as quiet as it could get. The room directly next to us appeared to have a large group of people staying there and they kept me awake very late both nights. They weren't being excessively loud, I honestly think they were just talking but they were up late and I literally sat up in bed several times thinking my daughters were talking right next to me. This is with ear plugs in, a pillow over my head and my sound machine on. I didn't bother to complain to the hotel because I don't know what they possibly could have done to improve the situation.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room next to an empty room to combat the noise?
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Letsbeclear
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Good location, east side of town. Away from busy roads. i believe it is the newest Hotel in town. Almost everything was very nice. i ended up with a room next to the elevators, i mean right next to them. i told the desk it was too noisy, but they didn't do anything. They should turn this room into a storage area. Stay away from an elevator rooms and you will have a nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Nice place with a great place to eat without going outside. Michelle and her staff know me by first name. Very good location near an Office Max for us business travelers. I have never been here for personal use, but for business use this is a great place to end up at after a long day on the road.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights over Thanksgiving week and had friendly service from all of the staff. Upon arrival we upgraded our room to a queen/queen suite. It was very large and the warm cookies (and coffee) were a nice bonus. Rooms are new and very clean and my back was grateful for the comfortable beds. The sofa bed wasn't the best but we have yet to find a hotel one that is. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend pheasant hunt with family. Upon arrival, the front desk staff person (Beverly?) cheerfully told me my Hilton Honors card was outdated and explained how to update it. She offered more room options than I had reserved; she offered two-for-one drink coupons at the adjacent steakhouse - Maverick - which were valid for each day of our stay.
At check-out, she adjusted our bill to allow for the AARP discount for each of our three rooms. This resulted in considerable savings. Continental breakfast exceeded our expectations as did the "bag" breakfast to go. Our hunting dogs, who remained outside in their kennels, were provided with cleaning clothes for their feet.
Our rooms met all expectations as each was clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites have a microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

For the most part, I was very happy with my stay at the Hampton Inn. They are connected to the Dakota events center and Holiday Inn Express as well as a restraurant. I was very happy with the beds (They actually wash the comforters...what a nice change the hotel industry is making!). The beds were comfortable. The rooms were large and clean.

The facility itself was nice. Large lounge area with coffee available. Nice pool and hot tub. A rather large fitness area.

The only negative thing I have to report is the Service. It seemed like maybe there needs to be more training of their staff. The one thing that really ticked me off was they are big on their hot breakfast. Tons of advertisements feature it. They emphasis it when you check in. There are loads of signs up. However, they mean "first come, first serve" I guess. We were there a half hour before the breakfast shut down, but they had run out of the hot items (and many of the cold items). The person running the breakfast was more interested in putting things away and "shutting" down the area, and actually refilling it. I know it's free, so there isn't much room to complain, but it was part of the price you pay to stay in the hotel. Also. one of the elevators was broke down and it took a while waiting for the elevator.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor if possible...lots of traffic to the pool and lounge.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends