“Cheerful service”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Aberdeen
Willmar, MN
“Cheerful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend pheasant hunt with family. Upon arrival, the front desk staff person (Beverly?) cheerfully told me my Hilton Honors card was outdated and explained how to update it. She offered more room options than I had reserved; she offered two-for-one drink coupons at the adjacent steakhouse - Maverick - which were valid for each day of our stay.
At check-out, she adjusted our bill to allow for the AARP discount for each of our three rooms. This resulted in considerable savings. Continental breakfast exceeded our expectations as did the "bag" breakfast to go. Our hunting dogs, who remained outside in their kennels, were provided with cleaning clothes for their feet.
Our rooms met all expectations as each was clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: The suites have a microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

For the most part, I was very happy with my stay at the Hampton Inn. They are connected to the Dakota events center and Holiday Inn Express as well as a restraurant. I was very happy with the beds (They actually wash the comforters...what a nice change the hotel industry is making!). The beds were comfortable. The rooms were large and clean.

The facility itself was nice. Large lounge area with coffee available. Nice pool and hot tub. A rather large fitness area.

The only negative thing I have to report is the Service. It seemed like maybe there needs to be more training of their staff. The one thing that really ticked me off was they are big on their hot breakfast. Tons of advertisements feature it. They emphasis it when you check in. There are loads of signs up. However, they mean "first come, first serve" I guess. We were there a half hour before the breakfast shut down, but they had run out of the hot items (and many of the cold items). The person running the breakfast was more interested in putting things away and "shutting" down the area, and actually refilling it. I know it's free, so there isn't much room to complain, but it was part of the price you pay to stay in the hotel. Also. one of the elevators was broke down and it took a while waiting for the elevator.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor if possible...lots of traffic to the pool and lounge.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank shscaptain1234
Green Mountains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was expecting the usual sheetrock box with two queen sized beds, a pool, a gym, free WiFi, a tv and towels. And yes, I got all that for my $100 bucks. But let me add that everything is immaculate and the service ( in every possible respect ) is outstanding and eager to please. The complimentary breakfast offers a large assortment of choices, buffet style.... very tasty. I'm definitely making this my abode on future trips to Aberdeen.
When we flew in for this reunion, we rented a car from the Hertz folks at the airport. We dropped it off on a Saturday, prior to joining friends for a roadtrip in thier car to Rapid City.
We asked the manager of Hertz to call a taxi to take us back to the Hampton Inn, but he drove us back himself.... had to take a car into town for service anyway, he said. Consider this a plug for Hertz, and for the kind spirited folks in South Dakota.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Upland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a really good hotel, mostly because it is so new. I really like the rooms here and they are both comfortable and nice looking. I always have a good stay here, and again it is new. This is like gold for a hotel, because they wear out quickly and don't seem as nice, but more icky at that point. This one still feels fresh, so I would book it if you can.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our experience with Hampton Inns and Suites has always been great, so no real surprise when we checked in. We had prebooked online, and upon check in they had all information, just needed cc imprint. Room was great, with two Queen beds (10/10 for comfort), and a sofa bed, as well as table and chairs. Large flat panel TV, and richly decorated. Tonnes of floor space between entry way, bathroom, and beds....nice to have with a family. Room had all the nice touches such as ironing board, iron, blow dryer, fridge and microwave. A/C worked great, yet quiet....we were on 3rd floor, yet very quiet overall. Excellent value at about $100/night. Brunch was as good as some restuarant buffets....fresh, hot and cold selections....for 4 people this would be $40 in a restaurant, making room that much more of a bargain. By the way, we saw the workout room, it was large, bright and had excellent equipment.

Room Tip: if you have more than 2 people, upgrade to suite for small additional cost
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I Stayed here over 20 consecutive weeks and the service was superior every day! The rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great and different items served every day. I was made to feel like I was at home by the entire Staff! Excellant cookies in the afternoon when I returned from work. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Aberdeen.....Mavericks Restaurant is attached to hotel and has excellant food and atmosphere!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Room was perfect (bed was fantastic!), breakfast was great, and rooms were reasonably priced. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family