“Bang for you buck”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Anderson SC and I must say I was impressed the lobby was very stylish and the front desk staff had a warm greeting for us upon our arrival. As we entered our room it was very clean I liked the fact that we had a small fridge in the room. I must say that the bed was comfortable. Upon check out I did not know that they served breakfast the front deskperson convinced us to eat and they had a nice variety to choose from. All and all it was a great experience and I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Okay, so- if you aren't picky... and if you're very patient, this hotel may be okay for you. However we stayed here 3 different times in the last 2 weeks (4 days, 2 days, 1 day) each experience was less impressive than the first.
Each time we stayed we were told we'd have a room with a micro-fridge... and had to be switched because the room initially assigned did not have a micro-fridge.
The second time we stayed, we were very happy to change rooms (not only because of the micro-fridge situation) because upon arrival we found an empty condom wrapper on the lid of the toilet. Of course apologies were made and rooms were switched.

My major problem with this hotel was the lack of etiquette by the staff. We were "walked in on" three times during these 7 days. No knock, just the door opening and a staff member barging in the room. Housekeeping, maintenance... you get the idea. A knock is only common courtesy.... not to mention VERY appropriate when going into a person's living space.

Also, breakfast was being closed 15 minutes before the posted closing time. When I arrived to make breakfast I apologized to- but after awkwardly getting a quick bite the employee continued to break-down the breakfast area. It was very uncomfortable (especially as I still had 5 minutes... )

The fitness center is also being "renovated" right now and unable to be accessed. I understand that this happens, however I would have liked to have known this when making my reservation as it is something I specifically look for in a hotel. However, I would have given this hotel the same rating no matter the fitness room situation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank afitgypsy
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent location and Service, rooms could def use a little updating or a super deep clean but it was not too bad. Location close to mall and all of Anderson'a shopping and entertainment. Employees very nice and helpful. Quiet considering location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Crystal B
ShenequaCannady, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is here and committed to providing truly exceptional customer service. I would also like to thank you for your kind words, I, as well as the rest of our team take every guests satisfaction personally.

We thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay and can't wait to see you on your next visit to Anderson; in the meantime if there is anything my staff or I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely

Shenequa Cannady

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a good experience at this hotel, and I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I was there for 4 nights recently and found the staff very welcoming and helpful. The room was tidy, the bed was comfy, the sheets were clean and the, bathroom was clean, and the shower was great! Yes, the hotel was a little worn but I was impressed with it for the price I paid. I got the impression that there was a lot of overnight trade, and you had to be up early to get the best of the breakfast, but if any food ran out, it seemed to be no problem for the staff to rustle up some more. And if you really didn't like the breakfast, then there were plenty of places close by to go to. The fitness room was basic - a treadmill and bike, and some weights in what was probably once a guest room - but it did the job. And I was on holiday so wasn't going to work out intensely. The hotel is on the main route through Anderson and close to a lot of shopping and restaurants, but there was no disturbance at all from traffic. All in all, it was good value and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tracy L
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the big USC vs Clemson game and we found the place to be a complete dive! The sheets were soiled with lipstick, body fluids, cigarette burns, etc. The lamp shades were old, dusty, cracked and broken. The night stand drawers were littered with graffiti. The sink was clogged with hair. A nasty, stained welcome notebook along with stained emergency exit signage, rusted door hinges and dirty curtains molded to the window greeted us. I would not stay here again and do not recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the stairwell!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wil J
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel when we go to see his family in the area. We've stayed three times over the past two years. I wrote a good review in November of 2011, but things have changed a lot at this hotel. We used to love this hotel, but I'm not sure I would go back. We were staying one night for my husband's grandfathers funeral. When looked online it showed they had no rooms, so I called the hotel directly. I was told by the girl at the desk that they had rooms, but they would be $100 a night when they are typically $55, because it was a Clemson weekend. I explained we weren't coming for football, so she said she'd ask the manger to give us the normal rate. I ended up having to call back the next day, and the manager gave me a rate of $69, which is still high for this hotel. Our check-in experience was good. We were given room 135. The window of the room two doors down was busted out, and held together by cardboard and tape, which wasn't appealing to look at, and kind of made me feel a little unsafe. When we got in the room I noticed the furniture was pretty worn, which doesn't bother me too much, because it is an older hotel. I went over to the sink to wash my face, and noticed a hair in the sink, and some crusty stuff on the faucet. I opened the fridge to put water in it, and there was a open can of Diet Pepsi that the Housekeepers didn't clean out. My husband and I got in bed to watch tv, and I noticed holes in the bedspread and the sheets. Later in the night my husband went into the bathroom, and the door got stuck. It took us a few minutes to get him out. I also noticed rust on the hinges of the bathroom door, and on the light switch cover plate. We realize this hotel isn't the Ritz, but we always loved it because it was convenient and clean. Unfortunately, this time it wasn't very clean. When I told the girl at the front desk about all of the problems when we checked out, she didn't really do anything about it. She scribbled something on a piece of paper, and said she'd tell someone. Their customer service and cleanliness have really gone down hill over the past two years. I'm very disappointed, because we used to love this hotel so much. I think we'll be staying somewhere else the next time we're in town unless the issues they are having are resolved. I don't want to spend even $50 a night to stay somewhere with substandard cleanliness and maintenance issues.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Megan_Masters
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have booked this hotel several times for our out of town guests, 4 out of 5 times we have been overcharged for the room. We have done business with this hotel for the past few years, but the past 2 years have been a nightmare. We used it because it was close to our home, booking for relatives and friends. We have tried to give it another chance and then another hoping things would change, but as of last week they haven't. If you do book here, you should be very aware and watch your credit card statement, because they always come up with some other charge you will know not of. We have called and talked with the management on more than one occasion and they have not been cooperative. I have the receipts where we were charged, but they will charge you multiple nights on your card, for a one or two nights stay, and by that time you have a time trying to get them taken off by the credit card company. We have gave them plenty of business, but they apparently do not care, and this same thing has happened 3 times. I hate it but, will not be using this hotel again, it is too risky!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends