“Pleasant Stay Overall”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Anderson, SC
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Quality Inn was a Pleasant Stay Overall MINUS one incident. The lady who checked me in was tremendously friendly and accomodating. Kudos to her and her customer service. I wish I could recall her name.

The people working the next day weren't nearly as friendly. Sorry I needed to receive a fax. I got a "Free Fax" in exchange for an "Upped Bill". The price quoted to me by choice priveleges was different after I got a "Safe" Charge". Really, I never asked for a safe and WHY would I need one in my room? I noticed upon checkout the charge was added, even though the bill given to me by choice priveleges didn't even mention that item. The guy said we didn't charge you for the fax so just consider the safe charge the fee. Gee thanks, doesn't that mean I paid then?

NOTE: I'm removing a "Star" as that's just being petty and nit picking your customers and the UNETHICAL NATURE of adding charges to your bill that aren't explicity mentioned when booking through 1800 Choice Priveleges.

None the less, minus the one incident the place was nice, rooms were clean, and breakfast was good. I'd recommend staying here. It's in a good location and the rates are very reasonable.

Room Tip: CHECK YOUR BILL if you book through Choice Priveleges. They'll throw on "Extra Fees" u...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BestReviewed

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We spent a long weekend in Anderson SC and needed a home base for our day trips to the surrounding area. The Quality Inn provided everything we needed in a professional and friendly way. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David D
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here April 9th & 10th. I woke up on the morning of the 10th with bed bug bites. I complained at the front desk and they said they didn't have bed bugs. The General Manager Danny had the room checked and said there were no bed bugs. I requested another room for the night of the 10th and found a bed bug crawling toward me on the nightstand. I requested a third room and looked for signs of infestation myself. I didn't wake up with any more bites. I was not offered a free night even though Choice Rewards said they had authorized the hotel to do so. I opened a complaint with Choice Rewards and was never contacted by the General Manager. After a month of calls to Choice Rewards they are mailing me refund for one night. While I was there I also noticed 6 other rooms being fumigated. The rest of the staff was good but the General Manager is terrible. He also did not give us our reward points so I'm going to have to haggle with Choice Rewards over those too.

They are not treating the guests luggage or clothing before moving them to a new room so basically they are just spreading bed bugs through out the whole hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ghostlyfun
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The staff were friendly and really helpful. I arrived too early for check in (after a twelve hour drive!) but the manager very kindly checked me in 6 hours early and did not charge me for the extra time! Nice quiet rooms, fresh sheets on the bed, and located in a good area. Breakfast was not as good as other Quality Inns I have stayed at but I still managed to find enough to fill me up and the coffee was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jo S
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is on my circuit of frequently stayed in homes-away-from-home. My Job requires me to drive all over south Carolina and if I am ever in the area, I find myself looking forward to staying here. The location is great: right in town and close to all kinds of restaurants from cheap an easy to upscale dining. The mall is only a couple of blocks away. I'm not a mall shopper so I honestly cannot comment on anything other than the book store which is your typical books-a-million.

The hotel staff are very friendly and will help you in anyway they can. The rooms are never dirty. Large flat screen television In every room. The breakfast is also very fair. Typical biscuit n gravy, waffles, eggs, cereal.

The only reason I rated this motel 4 out of 5 is simply due to the nature of the beast when dealing with these middle of the road joints. Definently 5 stars as far as quality inns are concerned. Just don't expect it to be the double tree.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Daddy F
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Quality Inn, Anderson. SC is centrally located to shopping and dining. Well maintained, nice rooms with a varied breakfast. Breakfast items range from cereal, toast and juice to scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits and waffles. This hotel has a fitness center on site (I did not use) and a very nice pool area. The pool was empty but the staff expects it to be available by the first week of June. The Quality Inn also offers 2 gas grills that may be used by those staying onsite. This hotel is a good choice for business, family and single travelers, without pressing early morning plans. The main drawback for construction workers is the breakfast is not served until 6:30 am and for those who need to be at work by 7 am, it is inconvenient. A Waffle House restaurant is onsite, which offers good food at reasonable prices. I noticed the Quality Inn, Anderson has several nice meeting rooms for those who may be interested in group functions.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The staff was always friendly. They helped me with my luggage. The cleanness was exceptional and it was the perfect distance for my work and eating.

• Stayed: March 2012