“Great Late Night Find-Terrific Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Creekside Bar Be Que Incorporated
Ranked #31 of 268 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elyria, Ohio
“Great Late Night Find-Terrific Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were doing a long drive south and decided to lay over in Anderson as it seemed to have some good barbeque. Our original choice was closed by the time we got there and we ended up at the Creekside...not a bad fall back position at all.
Even though they were cleaning up for the night and getting ready to close, they made us feel right at home. Service couldn't have been friendlier or nicer.
We had read about large servings from other reviewers but the portions we got were more than generous. As hungry as we were, we still left with large containers of the food we couldn't eat.
If it's on the menu, get the brisket tips...OMG...was that great! I thought the pulled pork was a little dry, but the sauce made it just fine. Brisket was excellent.
As others have said, it's not much to look at from the outside, but it's nice inside, service was great and servings are for healthy appetites only. Amazingly reasonable for what you get.
Certainly worth the shot if you're in the neighborhood.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

“No Sauce, No Worries.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Let me explain-- I was on a road trip to New Orleans and stopped here to get a to go order. I ordered the rib plate and the pulled pork plate. I inquired with the waitperson about the large jars of sauce on the counter. She replied "but your plates come with small containers of sauce." To which I stated "I know, but I also want to buy jars of sauce. I got my order and we headed back on the road. When we did stop to eat and opened the boxes, we discovered that the waitperson totally misunderstood me and did not put the small containers of sauce in the bag. So it was either open the big jars of sauces or eat the BBQ sans added sauce. We chose without added sauce and all I can say is.........WOW! Meaty, moist, succelent pork ribs, and the pulled pork sandwich, with enough meat for two sandwiches, was amazing. I added my excellent sweet cole slaw to the sandwich. Portions are huge and side dishes, including beans, macaroni and cheese,and Brunswick stew are very good. And, yes, we did open the sauce jars when we returned home, and made some more tasty BBQ. For great BBQ, sauce is an accoutrement, not a necessity!

Anderson, South Carolina
“Always a good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have eaten here many times and it is always a good experience. The portions are generous and the staff is great. The food is always fantastic. I can't remember a time that the owner didn't come by the table just to thank us for coming in.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food but not for a business lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Well, faced with the typical non-participation for lunch suggestions, I was on the way to Little Pigs BBQ to the south of the strip malls when I saw the sign for Creekside, and was hungry, so I stopped there. The place does not look like much on the outside, and the inside was quite low-key too, but we read the menu and wanted to give it a try. When you walk through the door the nice hickory smell is prominent and I was looking forward to some tasty treats. The servers were a bit slow to seat us and others but it the afternoon and a busy take-out time for them (we found out later). We arrived early enough ( 4 PM) to still get the lunch specials. I had the pork plate, my wife had the small rib plate, and her friend had the 1/2 chicken (which was a big chicken!). We all had the house wine (sweet tea) which is made fresh daily (said the owner Kurt). The food was really good, we enjoyed a couple baskets of the Texas toast, and we all left the restaurant with a to-Go box of what we could not finish. All together it was very good and our check was $30 for the three of us which was OK.

So, why "not for a business lunch"? Well, I am not sure behind the reasoning, perhaps it goes with the 'country' motif, but all the (female) staff were wearing VERY short shorts; a la Hooters-ish, including our pregnant server. It was not trashy or gross, but as a professional I could never bring a client here because it would be a bit tacky and It could offend some people's idea of modesty.

P.S. I was originally hoping for a creek-side table, but they do not have that set up yet, said Kurt.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GringoLoco2
Moncks Corner, South Carolina
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Passing through Anderson on the way home after a weekend in the mountains and found this place searching for BBQ on GPS.
Not much to look at on the outside but decided to try it anyway. Inside it has a nice relaxing motif, very country. The staff was excellent and quick with service. We had pork & rib plates. The fresh toast they served was excellent. When the plates were brought to the table my first impression was huge meat portions but the sides were rather small. After digging into it I quickly realized the sides were more than enough as the meat was the star of this show. I didn't finish any of my 3 sides. The pork was perfect & all the sauces were delicious. The ribs were different than what I am used too, larger and some fatty areas, but they were perfectly cooked and I enjoyed them immensely. My only regret is we were too far from home to take the left overs. The prices were more than reasonable for what we got.
We will be back here next time we find ourselves in the area.