“Just OK”

Carson's Steak Warehouse
Ranked #172 of 269 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anderson, South Carolina
“Just OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went for a late lunch/early supper. Server was friendly and kept telling us the rolls were cooking(they finally came when the meal had already come). The table was tacky/sticky like another reviewer stated. Had steak tips & gravy, onions, & mushrooms. There was lots of onions not much steak. Tips were very small.Fries were good. My husband got the steak sub. It was good. Prices were ok. We may return in the future.

• Visited October 2012

Anderson, South Carolina
“Waste of my time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

It's too dark inside to start with. The server acted like we were an inconvenience to take care of us. The food took forever to get to the table and it wasn't worth the wait.

Visited September 2012
Gold Hill, North Carolina
“Excellent Food, Generous Portion Size”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ate here on a Wednesday evening, the parking lot was crowded, but we were seated immediately. This restaurant has a bar area as well as some seating outside, the interior is average with a 'Texas' theme. The restaurant tables could use some updating, as the table we sat at was sticky and the finish was peeling off. The food was GREAT, large generous portions and tasty; my husband had the sirloin, medium rare with a salad and onion strings; the sirloin was cooked just the way he likes it. I had the hamburger steak, and ordered it medium well, but it was really quite done. I also had the Caesar salad and a baked sweet potato, both were quite good. My only complaint with the potato was the fact that it appeared to be overdone near the peel, as I like to enjoy every bite of my sweet potato, it was a little off-putting. The rolls are amazing as well as the honey butter they are served with. Our server was average, but the food was well worth the visit, we will eat here again.

• Visited August 2012
Hartwell, Georgia
“thnak you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

courteous staff well prepared food.lots of selection on the menu.

Visited February 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Poor service and average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I ate dinner on a very slow Monday night. Upon arriving the lighted sign had some unlit letters (um, character I thought). Once I walked in it felt like a cheap knockoff of Logans Roadhouse & Texas Star Steakhouse. They provide (free of charge) a bucket of roasted peanuts (yeah, never seen that before).

I was seated near the back and the scenery was nearly as plain as the food was. There were two flatscreen TVs in the main dining room that the server at an adjacent table said were just installed. There is a suspended train track with a motorized engine & caboose that circles every couple of minutes around the room and a gas fireplace in the center.

The menu had decent selections of chicken and beef selections. I told the waiter I was interested in the chalkboard special (Cajun Ribeye) which he immediately tried to talk me out of (red flag #1). I convinced him I wanted to Cajun Ribeye medium well. Prior to the salad arriving, he tried pushing the peanuts (red flag #2) and I politely refused. When the steak arrived, it had been cut up and the cook had placed sauteed onions & mushrooms on the steak, plus it was well done not medium well. The ribeye had plenty of juices but the cajun spices were seriously lacking. The baked potato was pretty good. I asked for steak sauce and after about a five minute wait, he returned with a small serving container along with an additional container of the cajun spices. I have to admit that when the two were combined, the steak was much better. I asked for a second serving of steak sauce and after what seemded like an eternity, he returned making up a story that his manager was chewing him out (in reality he was joking around with the other employees - as I had a clear view of the kitchen - red flag #3).

The waiter said that Carson's is owned by the same people that own Tucker's steak house but slipped up and said that Tucker's was a higher class steakhouse (so Carson's is for lower class? - you guessed it, red flag #4).

Food was average and the service was terrible! I would recommend avoiding this place.

• Visited March 2012