“Consistent and comfortable”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Very consistent in food quality and service... pricy drinks if not utilizing bar stock, but the food is very good... especially the Hearth Small Plate dinners...

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I like the location of this restaurant. It sits on Hartwell Lake. We have been there a number of times, with groups and individually. I think I went back at, in large part, due to the location and the great things that I have heard from others.
The meal that is most memorable to me was the last one I had there, something with three butterflied shrimp which were overcooked with a pineapple sauce. When they brought it to the table, I was so disappointed three shrimp? They were chewy. My husband felt so bad for me he kept apologizing. It is a slightly funny memory however, it was enough of an impression that I will not be returning.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We had not been to The Galley in a while so a return trip was way overdue. We were celebrating our anniversary this time ...

I cannot speak for the regular dinners at the Galley as we actually love sitting at the bar where they make their appetizers for meals and we always wind up just ordering a selection of appetizers (many of which are cooked in their wood-fired stove!) with wine for our dinner. We will have to try a regular meal there one day. We had the caprese salad, cedar plank salmon, eggplant parmesean, and a southwestern chicken kabob along with a glass of the house wines there (which are excellent btw!). As usual we were blown away by all of the dishes and I totally loved the presentation of the dishes - especially the little pyramid of rice with our kabob. As this is overlooking Lake Hartwell it is a great spot for dining and watching the sun set in the evening. The only down side is that at times it is very packed and noisy which means you won't have a quiet, romantic dinner - but the quality of the food far outweighs that small inconvenience. I can't wait to come back again!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Have been going to the galley for over 10 years..the menu is tired..they removed one of the best items a few years ago, chicken breasts, and will not put it back..the salads are way too small for the price and sometimes the entrees are only luke warm...they could do better for what they charge..

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Though the food was good and service attentive, you don't drive out here for the food alone. The beautiful dining room view of the lake and marina makes this a distinctive spot for dining.

Been to The Galley? Share your experiences!