“Beautiful Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Anderson
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed one night at this hotel in July 2010. My friend had her reception at the Destination Pointe, which is inside the hotel. The hotel is new and very nice. It doesn't come up on GPS, but it's right behind the Fundruckers Restaurant. The hotel was right of the highway. I flew in Atlanta and drove up. The room was a great size and wireless internet was free. They had computer section, where I was able to print out my boarding pass. I room came with all you can eat hot breakfast. With in a 5 - 10 minute, the hotel was located near many shops. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010
3  Thank living20057
Tom D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2016

Thank-you for the "very nice" critique.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding that we attended in Anderson. The whole wedding party ended up staying here. It was very convenient to downtown. This was my first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and I look forward to visiting again soon! The bar downstairs was awesome too! :)

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank dristen69

Pleasurable review, too. Thank-you.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

This was our second time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. Both times we have been completely satisfied. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. We had a King Suite, and it was perfect for my husband and myself and my teenage son heading off to Clemson the next day. The hotel is easy to get to from I-85, and is a short drive into Clemson. Many Clemson families were staying here for move-in day, and we were made to feel very welcome. Overall, it is a much better quality hotel and much better value than the hotels closer to campus. We will certainly return with our next visit to Clemson.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank NHMHC

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed one night and found the hotel very convenient to major highways. There are lots of restaurants all within a short minute or two driving distance. The room was spacious, clean, and bed quite comfortable. In fact, the bed was the highlight of the overnight stay. There was slight traffic noise rumbling from the nearby freeway that filtered into the room (mostly big rigs). Overall it was a pleasant stay, and I would consider staying in the hotel again if in the Anderson area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kjb176

We appreciate the positive critique.

Reviewed May 22, 2010

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this HGI. Our stay was absolutely tremendous-thanks to the amazing staff that works at this hotel. Leading the group in friendliness, helpfulness, and all around charm is their wonderful manager, Scott Steagall. He recently implemented a program where they honor a guest as "Guest of the Day". What a terrific idea! It felt like my birthday all day long. There were special treats waiting for us up in the room (nice touch, Scott-thanks!) and extra special service at SONA, the hotel restaurant. It was great fun being guest of the day, but I have no doubt that the staff treats every guest as if they were guest of the day-the staff is just that terrific. Of course the hotel is sparkling clean, has wonderful beds for sleeping, and the food at SONA was delicious. Thank you Scott for such a wonderful stay last weekend. We will be back to see you and your fabulous staff!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelchick1

Quite possibly the best review ever.

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Stayed here while visiting our son at Clemson over Easter weekend. This was our second stay here. If you are planning to stay here over any football weekend or during the start or end of the Clemson school year - book early!! We booked a suite this time and it was worth the few extra dollars. Beautiful, large room and altho we were by the elevator we never heard anyone else. View was lacking but we didn't come here for the scenery. Very close to numerous restaurants, movie theatre and about 15 minutes to Clemson. Do the speed limit going north on rt. 76 and you'll save yourself $81.50. :-)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2009

I'll be doing two reviews because the first night was awful, the second night - a big difference.

Lets start with what WASN'T their fault: When DH scheduled the trip, he mistook the meaning of the web-site's "graying out" of the two-bed rooms. He thought the site was having problems; what it meant was that they were OUT of rooms with two beds. We arrived Friday night - my family of four - and opened the door to a room with only one queen bed. After getting the low-down (there were no rooms with two beds available), he was promised ONE air mattress, as two would be a fire hazard. That wouldn't have been so bad: DS got the air mattress as DD often likes making her own little bed on the floor.

Now - here's where we get to the trouble. The housekeeper came in - rearranged the room and set the whole air bed up. It was fine at first; however, at about 2:00, DS woke me up and said that the mattress had lost air. Indeed, there was a whole section that was flat. So at 2 am, I was trying to find floor space to bed him down. He was uncomfortable, which made sleeping difficult for DH and I.

The final small problem with the room (which might not have been a problem if we were able to get soundly asleep): a loud ticking noise preceded the cycling of the air conditioning unit. Additionally, there was moderate early-morning road noise.

As for the plusses: The bed was extremely comfortable. If I'm not mistaken, it is a fairly firm latex foam mattress. The comforter lived up to it's name (hee hee) - it was down alternative, I'm guessing, as it was fluffy and cozy. The pillows - though much "squashier" than I usually prefer - were comfortable, too.

As for the bathroom - we didn't use the shower in that room, but the "appointments" (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, lotion, hair dryer, ample towels) were all in place. And the hot water was HOT! I think I could have sterilized baby bottles right there in the sink.

Except for the size of the room, and the occasional noise, this would have been a good stay.

Fortunately, most of the crowd was leaving Saturday so we were able to switch rooms Saturday night; in fact, due to scheduling, the staff actually moved our stuff for us. I'll review that stay in another post.

One last small complaint: One particular front desk clerk was more than a little "overly familiar" with our family. Being friendly is one thing, but this was over the top.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family