“Great food!”

McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McGee's Irish Pub & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 268 Restaurants in Anderson
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St
Description: Tucked into the heart of downtown Anderson, SC, McGEE's IRISH PUB & RESTAURANT offers a distinct alternative to regular eating & drinking establishments. Diversity is the key to McGEE's special appeal. Business people appreciate the quality & value of our lunches, as well as the speed & friendly manner in which they are served. Others prefer to linger, quietly enjoying the afternoon and forgetting the world outside.
Anderson, South Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to try something different and stumbled onto this place. We loved the food and the atmosphere! Fun place to grab a drink and some dinner and listen to some live music!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JNelly14

Texas
“Surprising Find!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our local business contact. After discovering that Anderson was much larger than we expected, we found the restaurant snuggled in the downtown area. The restaurant is decorated with flags from all over and it is interesting to take a look at them. But the best part was the food quality. The menu had a number of Irish options. I ordered the Shepherd's Pie. It was fantastic! My co-workers ordered different items and made a number of comments about how good it was. They also had some beer varieties that my co-workers enjoyed. I am recommending this to any of my co-workers who may go back to that area and I will be sure to dine there should I ever return to Anderson.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank TXLATraveler
Hartwell, Georgia
“No Longer Impressed”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I totally loved this place before our visit 2 weeks ago. No more Mini Mutton Bridies and not as many choices on the menu. They also don't have the same wings as they had before. The bridies where the best thing on the menu! When I asked about them the server told me that they hadn't had them in over 2 years.......uh, duh, they had them less than a year ago because we always got them at each visit.
Sadly we felt rushed and the food just wasn't up to par as it has been before. There were also a lot less people there, the table across from us returned their food twice, and no music that Friday night. Just wasn't the same. Please come back as you were McGee's!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kh B
“Very good food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Best Reuben around. The sauerkraut was good and was not overpowering. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. The corned beef was very tasty.

Hartwell, Georgia
“Return to McGee's”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We always enjoy the food at McGee's. Their fish special is REALLY special and the salmon entree' is delicious. This is a good place to meet friends for a casual evening.

Visited January 2013