“Well the pizza was good but...”
Review of Marco's pizza

Marco's pizza
Ranked #46 of 270 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: Pizza
Anderson, South Carolina
“Well the pizza was good but...”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Every other Friday night is pizza and movie night with my kids and forever we have been getting lame lame pizza pizza. A Marco's opened just a mile from us so I thought we'd try that for a change. Once I got stuck in the usual stop and go traffic I pulled out the cell and looked up the web site. My intention was to call the store when I got out of traffic and closer to home. Well the mobile web site didn't have a phone number listed for this location and I was behind the wheel so on-line ordering was out of the question.

No problem, I figured I would stop by and order and then continue down the road to pick up our movie for the night and then come back for the pizza. I was greeted by two giggling teen girls, one of which had recently double pierced her tongue and couldn't speak properly. Once I finally got the order placed and paid for I went out for the movie. When I returned to pick up my waiting order I got in line. When it was my turn the girl at the open register called on the lady who had just walked in the door and completely ignored me. I got my order and took it home. I had ordered a Greek salad, extra large cheese pie and garlic butter sauce.

I got home with the movie and pizza and the kids dove in while I removed way too many very strong onions from my salad. Well, I have to admit it, despite being sliced into too many slices the pizza was good. The garlic butter actually resembled butter and not melted sludge sludge. The Greek salad was pretty good despite the olives being run of the mill black olives and not Kalamata olives. I thought it all to be a bit over priced for what it was and will keep looking for a decent New York pizza in the area but would prefer to go here again as opposed to the other place place.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Jeff J

Been to Marco's pizza? Share your experiences!