“Okay food, convenient to laundromat ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nagoya Japanese Steak House
Ranked #192 of 331 Restaurants in Anderson
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Prices have gone up here recently, so supper on Oct 28th 2016 cost me upwards of $12 for a Hibachi shrimp dinner (2 scoops of rice, some vegs, and large shrimp, large portion) plus iced tea.

On N. Greenville St between McCants and Reed Rd, it's conveniently located, and that's the reason I stop in periodically. It's nice to throw a load of laundry in at the wash-o-matic next door and then amble over for lunch ($8.50 or thereabouts with drink).

Order at the counter, fix your own drink, and they'll bring the food out to you.

Plain and simple decor. The tables always feel sticky, even when wiped. A big plus is the free wi-fi.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

We've always had our meals from Nagoya's ordered for carry-out so I can't tell you anything about the dining experience inside the restaurant but I can tell you everything we've ever had was super good. Tempura veggies and shrimp are awesome as well as the other menu items. All dinners come with rice and veggies and terrific sauces. My favorite is the Hibachi steak and jumbo shrimp with the shrimp and ginger sauces. Always tender and flavorful. Generous portions as well.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 18, 2016

My family and I decided to try this restaurant for the first time. We were happy to see they offered online ordering. So, we tried it. When we arrived at the restaurant my husband had to come back to the car for more money. I pulled up the online order on my phone and he explained this to the cashier that she was overcharging. She acted confused, then stated the prices online are old. Regardless. If we did online ordering, we are suppose to pay the prices said online. The food was not seasoned at all and everything was undercooked.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed October 13, 2015

My wife, our son, and I ate at the Nagoya Japanese Steak House. From the outside it looked like a pretty nice place to eat. It really is a take-out restaurant with some booths and tables inside. Two of us had the hibachi steak and shrimp, the other had teriyaki chicken. The steak consisted of approximately eight bite-size pieces of steak. There were five jumbo grilled shrimp. There were two ice cream scoops of rice and some tiny pieces of broccoli, zuchini, onion, and slivers of carrot for the vegetables. One of the two girls behind the counter brought the food to our table along with a squeeze bottle of "shrimp sauce." The teriyaki chicken came with mixed vegetables and rice too.

All the other customers cleaned off their tables when they left and three the plates and drink cups into the trash can by the exit. One of the girls then came and picked up the "shrimp sauce" and wiped the table.

I was not impressed with the food or with the service. We were overcharged by $1.50 for a drink (self-serve) that we did not order. If you order water, they write H2O on the cup. We will not be eating here again.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

They give you a good portion and options similar to other Japanese restaurants. The restaurant smelled bad and looked unclean. The shrimp sauce was also being dipped out of a large barrel right near the cash register. All in all, it's just not a good place to eat. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: April 2015