“If you like eating on paper plates with plastic utensils, this is the place for you.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nagoya Japanese Steak House
Ranked #193 of 330 Restaurants in Anderson
Reviewed October 13, 2015

My wife, our son, and I ate at the Nagoya Japanese Steak House. From the outside it looked like a pretty nice place to eat. It really is a take-out restaurant with some booths and tables inside. Two of us had the hibachi steak and shrimp, the other had teriyaki chicken. The steak consisted of approximately eight bite-size pieces of steak. There were five jumbo grilled shrimp. There were two ice cream scoops of rice and some tiny pieces of broccoli, zuchini, onion, and slivers of carrot for the vegetables. One of the two girls behind the counter brought the food to our table along with a squeeze bottle of "shrimp sauce." The teriyaki chicken came with mixed vegetables and rice too.

All the other customers cleaned off their tables when they left and three the plates and drink cups into the trash can by the exit. One of the girls then came and picked up the "shrimp sauce" and wiped the table.

I was not impressed with the food or with the service. We were overcharged by $1.50 for a drink (self-serve) that we did not order. If you order water, they write H2O on the cup. We will not be eating here again.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

They give you a good portion and options similar to other Japanese restaurants. The restaurant smelled bad and looked unclean. The shrimp sauce was also being dipped out of a large barrel right near the cash register. All in all, it's just not a good place to eat. Would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband, who normally favors Chinese food, enjoyed his meal from Nagoya last night so much more than he had expected to. He had the teriyaki chicken, which comes with fried rice and a few veggies, and a spring roll on the side. He ate more than he usually ever does. I requested that they prepare the chicken well-done, so it took a few extra minutes to get the meal, but it was well-worth the wait. I would have given a 5 star rating, but my Tempura vegetables weren't hot - perhaps they packaged them to go while they were waiting for my husband's meal to be ready. They were still delicious: large sweet potato slices, broccoli, onion rings and squash - and I wouldn't hesitate to get them again and again, but I'd mention that I'd prefer them to not be room temperature.
They have a good selection of chicken, steak, shrimp, etc. - both teriyaki and hibachi style - as well as sushi for those who enjoy it.

Date of visit: June 2014