“Farm fresh food in a down home atmosphere!”
Review of Barnwood Grill

Barnwood Grill
Ranked #13 of 330 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic for breakfast or lunch. A bit off the beaten path but worth the time if you have it. Friendly staff, killer coffee. Makes you feel like eating at grandmas!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Sandra_Counts

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Very good hamburger steak plate. The gravy is made just the way I like it, and I love the cold slaw.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank erbrown58
Reviewed March 5, 2017

You looking for a big o'l hearty breakfast? Barnwood grill serves up some of the best Cathead Biscuits in the county! Golden and delicious and smothered with jams, oh man! These suckers knock any other biscuit off the shelf! I had breakfast special 2 of farm fresh eggs done any way you want 'em, country ham, grits and the biscuit which held me full til dinner time! My husband savored flavored coffees ( they have a fridge stocked with all sorts of flavored creamers ) and did special 1 with farm fresh eggs, loads of bacon - we're not talking two or three strips, but a pile of bacon, home fries and biscuit. The meals were outstanding and so reasonable on the price. It's places like these that we seek out in the countryside that make memorable impressions. Sure, the place may be small inside - a few tables at best, but it's the southern cooking and love put into the food that counts. They don't just do breakfast, but also lunch for burgers, clubs, wraps and salads. Hours M-F 6am- 3pm and Sat from 7am til 2pm. We will definitely be back again!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

Best tasting and portions are huge for the money. Friend had a biscuit the size of a soft ball. Reuben is great and the homemade chips delicious. Salads are wonderful and crisp. Nice outdoor covered area to eat. Inside is small but quaint.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Karlsnana
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

I heard so many great things about this place that I just had to go. It is a very small eatery attached to a farm stand. You order through a window and there are very few seats inside. There are plenty of picnic tables outside under a car port, which I ended up using. Even though I went during a very busy time my order didn't take long at all. I got some eggs, bacon, home fries and a very large biscuit. I don't think I paid more than $7 for that and a large coffee. The portions were huge! I am not used to that at all. I still can't get over the taste of the yummy bacon and that humongous biscuit slathered in butter. Oh my!!! Do yourself a favor and stop by if you are in the area. They also do take out orders, which is cool.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Tressa K

Been to Barnwood Grill? Share your experiences!