“Went for brunch, will be back!”
Review of Doolittle's

Doolittle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Doolittle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 282 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Doolittle's for lunch today and we will defiantly return.

Being lovers of She Crab soup we decided to start with it. It wont be replacing our favorite, that honor remains with a small place in Charleston, but Doolittle's version was defiantly very good. Creamy, flavor, fresh, and lots of crab.

For our mains, we both had crab cakes. I had the crab cake Benedict and my wife the crab cake melt. The crab cakes were excellent, some of the better I've had in some time. My egg was poached perfectly and the toasted croissant used as the base was very good. The bread used for my wifes melt was nice and light and didn't overpower her crab cake, and the potato salad served with it was very good.

We finished with the Apple Tart. Very good, not overly sweet, and the ice cream served with it was very good.

All in all the food and service was very good and the prices reasonable. We'll defiantly be back to try them for dinner in the near future.

1  Thank 368DanielC

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I have been to Doolittle's several times, with friends or sometimes just us two. He loves the Market Street (chicken salad on a croissant) and the Benson (like an Italian BMT) . I get the Sharpe Street (chicken with buffalo sauce and bleu cheese) with fries every time I go. The sandwich is delicious and the fries are hand cut and are super yummy. Only thing is the bread is always different. Sometimes is the broiche roll, sometimes sourdough... I guess it's what ever the cook feels like putting it on that day. Either way, it is still good. We have never had a problem when we have eaten there during lunch. We ordered food to go once during dinner hours and it took almost 45 minutes (I'm pretty sure the girl who took the order forgot to put it in), then we got home and it was wrong. The girl up front refunded our money and gave us coupons for 2 free sandwiches, which was great and all, but I felt like no one really cared that we wasted over an hour waiting for the wrong food, only to have to drive all the way back up there and then find something else to eat for dinner. Maybe the manager wasn't there or something. But that's the only "bad" experience we have had. Other than that, I highly recommend it for lunch! The food is great. And we haven't had a bad server yet!

1  Thank cmmedlin07
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We just left Doolittle's and I am already looking forward to returning. The food was amazing, but the service put the experience over the top. We were greeted with a smile and friendly, prompt service. I started with the best She-Crab soup I have ever had, and followed with the grilled salmon which was lightly seasoned. This was very reassuring for me, because far too often restaurants try to cover inferior meat with far too much seasoning. Not the case here! I just wish I had room left for dessert.
I would encourage anyone to give this wonderful establishment a try. It really is my new favorite!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Doolittle's is been 10 different restaurants since 2006 ... sometimes they're open, sometimes they're closed --- sometimes they serve breakfast, sometimes they don't -- sometimes they serve..... well, you get the picture ... I would call ahead first..

Maybe the new owners can make it right..

2  Thank CraySouthCarolina
John D, Owner at Doolittle's, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I always appreciate constructive feedback, and would love to address any problems that you may have if you would like to let us know what they are. I always strive to be better today than iwas yesterday and better tomorrow than I am today.

Doolittles was established in august of 2012, and is not affiliated with the previous businesses in our building. We are open Monday through Saturday 11am to 10 pm, and Sunday 11am to 3pm. we serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday along with our regular menu. I hope this answers any questions you may have about the restaurant, and we welcome you to come and dine with us. I would like to earn a greater rating, and your patronage. Thank you so much!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me start by saying we lived in New Orleans for twenty years. That said, the po'boy was, at best, a try at being a po'boy. But, perhaps in time, it shall get better. The shrimp inside the roll (more on the roll later) were delicious! There just were not enough of them. The roll, well, by itself, in another setting, like in a bread basket or as a side with a meal, would have been delicious. It was delicious by itself. As the mainstay as a cloak for a po'boy....not so much. So my choice to order a po'boy was a po' one - expecting something of New Orleans that unfairly could not be delivered. The romalaude sauce was...fair...at best. Perhaps I shall offer my recipe if they would be interested. My husband had the meatloaf entree with the mashed potatoes and it was excellent. The service was very good, and the young lady that served us was delightful and her timing was quite good. The atmosphere was conducive to conversation, and we were fortunate to arrive at a time when we could be seated at one of the coveted booths which was close to the front of the restaurant and very comfortable. My husband had a beer from a fairly good selection of beverages and wine was also available. A full service bar is soon to come we were told. We will return to this affordable enjoyable restaurant, and I shall select something more appropriate next go 'round.

1  Thank fbk678

Been to Doolittle's? Share your experiences!