“Best Distillery Around”

Palmetto Distillery
Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Anderson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Palmetto Distillery is a labor of love for Trey and Bryan Boggs. The two brothers and entrepreneurs from Anderson, SC are dedicated business men, southern to the bone and most importantly spirit connoisseurs. The brothers drew inspiration from their own heritage and that of South Carolina to create Palmetto Distillery. Which produces South Carolina's First Legal Moonshine and Palmetto Whiskey, South Carolina's Most Awarded Craft Whiskey. Our goal is to continue to revolutionize the spirit industry. Free distillery tours and moonshine tastings available daily.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Best Distillery Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my wife started our Honey Moon right across the SC line. We stayed at a local hotel on night one and the next morning while eating breakfast we were looking at local advertising in the hotel lobby. We found Palmetto Moonshine and it was only a few blocks away. It is a awesome place. Every one who works there is friendly and it is a once of a kind place. They give tasting samples and for people who aren't big into drinking they sell the most amazing BBQ sauce. If you are going to be in or around Anderson then this has to be your #1 destination. Every flavor of moonshine is great and the mixes are out standing as well as, as I said above their BBQ sauce is great. They also give a mini tour which is very interesting if you never really knew about the alcohol making process. They have tones of gifts and the place is full of great places for photo shots. Not to mention!! it has a great area to rest out front. The best gifts and Pam the manager is as sweet as she can be. Staff is always friendly and every time I go in they have new gifts. So if your looking for a one tank vacation Anderson has this plus much more and Palmetto will be the high light of it. Or if your looking for a cool one day road trip this is the place. Or if your on your way to the beach put this place as a rest stop. You won't regret it

Visited February 2013

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“May I have some more?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I found this place online and tried to find it. There was a man with a sign on the corner pointing the way. To start, the building is neat. Then the smell of alcohol hits you, and then the sights of the still and gift shop. It's a lot to take in all at once, but then someone comes over to give you the history of the building and moonshine. You are then given samples of the best moonshine I've ever tasted. Needless to say I bought (had to buy another suitcase to get it home). I highly recommend the apple pie flavor.

The best part of the experience were Danny, my tour guide, and Pam, the lady who came over to chat. Very nice people. Oh yeah, even if you don't drink, there's plenty of items in the gift shop. Had my suitcases not been full already, I would have gotten much more.

Will be back for sure

Visited June 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a neat little find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Picked up a brochure when we visited the Welcome Center on I95 going North. Decided to stop in on our way home. Sure glad we did! The tour was great and the samples were even better. They let us take pictures to send back home. Nice gift shop. We bought a bottle of the "white lightening" and some other gifts for friends. The only suggestion I have is they should offer the moonshine in smaller bottles (like the ones on airplanes) so you can purchase a little taste for friends. All in all a great stop. Check it out!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank iluvdogsdee
Columbia, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wish they had more histo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The moonshine tasted great and it was fun sampling the moonshine - I ended up buying a bottle! I was just disappointed that there wasn't a more historic overview of the operations, the recipe, or the history behind moonshine. The staff didn't really seem interested in showing us around and talking about the historical perspective of moonshine.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank KKovich
Charlotte, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Way Cool Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is definitely something to try if you are in Anderson! The distillery downtown is amazing! A great way to experience Old Southern History. The free tasting was a really cool experience and if you watch the documentary on the history of moonshine before hand it makes it all the more fun.

It stinks like fermenting mash in the place but you get used to it after a while and it just adds to the authentic feel. The girls are all really nice and there are lots of souvenirs available for purchase as well as moonshine. You wont get buzzed on just tasting so it is a nice little trip to make and well worth the time. If its a cold day the white lightning will surely warm you up!

Visited March 2013