“May I have some more?”

Palmetto Distillery
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Anderson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Palmetto Distillery is a labor of love for Trey and Bryan Boggs. The two brothers and entrepreneurs from Anderson, SC are dedicated business men, southern to the bone and most importantly spirit connoisseurs. The brothers drew inspiration from their own heritage and that of South Carolina to create Palmetto Distillery. Which produces South Carolina's First Legal Moonshine and Palmetto Whiskey, South Carolina's Most Awarded Craft Whiskey. Our goal is to continue to revolutionize the spirit industry. Free distillery tours and moonshine tastings available daily.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I found this place online and tried to find it. There was a man with a sign on the corner pointing the way. To start, the building is neat. Then the smell of alcohol hits you, and then the sights of the still and gift shop. It's a lot to take in all at once, but then someone comes over to give you the history of the building and moonshine. You are then given samples of the best moonshine I've ever tasted. Needless to say I bought (had to buy another suitcase to get it home). I highly recommend the apple pie flavor.

The best part of the experience were Danny, my tour guide, and Pam, the lady who came over to chat. Very nice people. Oh yeah, even if you don't drink, there's plenty of items in the gift shop. Had my suitcases not been full already, I would have gotten much more.

Will be back for sure

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Picked up a brochure when we visited the Welcome Center on I95 going North. Decided to stop in on our way home. Sure glad we did! The tour was great and the samples were even better. They let us take pictures to send back home. Nice gift shop. We bought a bottle of the "white lightening" and some other gifts for friends. The only suggestion I have is they should offer the moonshine in smaller bottles (like the ones on airplanes) so you can purchase a little taste for friends. All in all a great stop. Check it out!

1  Thank iluvdogsdee
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The moonshine tasted great and it was fun sampling the moonshine - I ended up buying a bottle! I was just disappointed that there wasn't a more historic overview of the operations, the recipe, or the history behind moonshine. The staff didn't really seem interested in showing us around and talking about the historical perspective of moonshine.

1  Thank KKovich
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is definitely something to try if you are in Anderson! The distillery downtown is amazing! A great way to experience Old Southern History. The free tasting was a really cool experience and if you watch the documentary on the history of moonshine before hand it makes it all the more fun.

It stinks like fermenting mash in the place but you get used to it after a while and it just adds to the authentic feel. The girls are all really nice and there are lots of souvenirs available for purchase as well as moonshine. You wont get buzzed on just tasting so it is a nice little trip to make and well worth the time. If its a cold day the white lightning will surely warm you up!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Free tasting of moonshine, made on premises. Pretty strong stuff!
More for my husband than me!! But there really isn't anything to do in Anderson on a Saturday afternoon. The guys running the shop? Still? or what ever its referred to as, were really nice and friendly.