“Overrated”

Papas & Beer Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 280 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 1, 2012

eated right away, but it took forever for a server to come to the table. My 5 year old just stared at his plate and asked if he had to eat his food. I didn't blame him!

I left like I was over charged for rice and beans!

2  Thank Laura C

Reviewed September 5, 2012

just like the food they serve in Mexico. And the margerita's are the bomb !! Big tables for big parties.

1  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed August 15, 2012

wow! I just went last week ... had already been many times before mind ... (Friday) and the restaurant was fully booked ... I had to wait for 15 minutes to go to the table ... (not bad) I am totally amazed with each of the workers ... very attentive, smiling and friendly welcome you girls out front, not to mention the attention that the waiter gave us ... (very good) the atmosphere was very nice .. everyone was happy with the family groups had .... the food is incredible!! large portions at great prices ... the guys who are running the restaurant ... (Paul and Janira) some people very attentive and friendly ... definitely my favorite restaurant in the area of Anderson.

2  Thank alexanderHP
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We ate lunch there on a Saturday and ordered of the menu we were given. The waiter comes back and from what I could understand we were give the wrong menus and they don't serve lunch on the weekend. So basically the same food with higher prices. We ordered again and when we got our food it was stone cold! Not even a little bit warm! They have a salsa bar and every single one I tried had absolutely no taste at ALL! My kids food was so bad they wouldn't even eat the fries! I would have been better off down the street at taco bell. We all left hungry! With all the mexican restaurants in town you can certainly do better than this one...don't waste your time or your money!

6  Thank melissad2
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First, once inside you will NOT believe you are in Anderson, South Carolina! The location is behind a Holiday Inn just off busy, busy Clemson Boulevard. Hard to find if you are not local. That is the only negative!

The staff is wonderful and extremely attentive, making everyone feel welcome. They are especially nice to children and we always see happy family groups eating together there -- there is absolutely something for everyone. The food is fresh and attractive and the prices are great. It seems that everyone leaves with extra food packaged for them - i.e., huge portions.

It is a fun, noisy, lively place that everyone likes. Beer is cold and priced correctly. Anderson has a lot of smaller Mexican restaurants, but why go there when you can go to Papas?? Enough said. P.S. The bathrooms are spotless!

2  Thank BuckandNina