“Excellent hole in the wall!”
Review of My Taco Mexico - CLOSED

My Taco Mexico
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Spanish, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: We are a local family owned and operated, restaurant!! We serve only the best authentic Mexican food! Recipes that have been handed down through my husbands family for many generations!! We use only fresh local ingredients as much as possible!! Every item on our menu is hand made from scratch in house!! Home made tortilla, a variety of home made sauces made from local veggies!! We are a small place, with big taste!! We love our little place and all the custermers it has brought our way!! We work hard to bring u only the best authentic Mexican food you have ever had!!
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Can't get much more authentic than this. Everything is homemade, even down to the sour cream and the chipotle sauce. Very small place so you better how up early!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The joint is off a side street, and it looks like a small club house that somebody might build for their kid ... the interior probably won't win any awards from Architectural Digest -- but, it's the real deal Mexican.

Put the other Mexican restaurants in a holding pattern and check this one out -- it's real and it's good..

1  Thank CraySouthCarolina
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The three of us had a wonderful lunch experience at My Taco. The fish tacos were superb as was the Pombaso sandwich. The four sauces delivered to the table from the refrigerator were extremely tasty. The restaurant is spotlessly clean and the service impeccable.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have tried it twice, and it's been very good both times. If you want really authentic Mexican food , it's hard to beat them in the upstate. Menu has typical Mexican items but they are not the cheesed and greases American versions. The food does its talking through real flavors and excellent preparation. The staff is very friendly and familiar with the menu, they can answer any questions you may have. The chillies relleno are just amazing the tacos are wonderful and there's a sandwich on the menu that's just heavenly. The dinning area is a bit small, the atmosphere is very relaxed and homey. They will see me again for certain.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Forget about the Mexican food you get at a regular mexican restaurant this is entirely different and represents real Mecican food. The food is tasty and uses fresh ingredients. As a first time patron who deceided to visit as a result of reviews on tripadvisor I decided to try the food there. Throw away the ideas you might have about being a serving of chips with salsa for you will not get that here. For lunch I had a taco with Mexican sausage and enchilidas with steak (no ground beef here). From the outside the restaurant does not look like much but the food is worth the trip. All orders are individually prepared so it may take some time to get your food but it is worth the wait. For a real take on Mexican food you have got to try My Taco Mexico.