“Great BBQ With Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pompous Pig

The Pompous Pig
Ranked #3 of 269 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THE BEST BBQ! Smoked Pork, Ribs, Chicken, Beef Brisket and Sausages. The meats are smoked daily for 8 to 14 hours in our on-site BBQ Pit using a mixture of woods (Hickory, Pecan, White Oak) combined with unique blends of spices and rubs. Our traditional southern side dishes are cooked from scratch in-house each day. Come on by and visit us early 'cause when it's gone, IT'S GONE!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great BBQ With Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I eat here regularly as we believe they have the best BBQ in town. I've yet to have anything that I could complain about. The pulled pork with the sweet hickory bbq sauce is my favorite, accompanied with their homemade style mac&cheese and sweet potato casserole. Some of the other more unique items are the Brunswick Stew and the German Sausages, which are also excellent. They have desserts as well, but I'm usually too stuffed by dinner to make it that far. Typically the owner, as well as one or two other staff members, will stop by the table and ask how everything tastes, which is nice. My one gripe would be the prices, as they've gone up since we first started eating there.

The restaurant itself has mostly table seating with a couple of booths up against the far wall. They also have an outdoor patio area for dining when the weather is nice. Definitely one of the best establishments in Anderson, if not the entire Upstate.

1 Thank XxMerlinxX

Fort Worth, Texas
“Who knows if they are good or not?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We made TWO 70 mile round trips to go to this place because our son told us we had to try the ribs and brisket. We would have loved to but the first night we went they were out of all meat except chicken. Okay. So we'll go back another night. When we did, they were out of everything but pulled pork and chicken. Now I like pulled pork but what kind of joint can't anticipate and over plan for a Friday and Saturday night? Ribs and brisket are the true test of a BBQ joint. I just don't get it. Mashed potato casserole was weird. Wouldn't get it again. Fried corn is really grilled corn, so-so. okra was okay but seemed to have been sitting around for quite awhile. Interesting sauces. Yeah, the owner came by and the staff was friendly but why would I even think of going back when they've struck out twice? And very pricey for what you get.

Dawsonville, Georgia
“Good BBQ, Great Sauces”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

The BBQ pork, chicken, and sausage, were all good on thier own. adding some of their sauces made them much better. Six sauces to choose from, some vinegar based, some tomato based, and a mustard sauce, some hot, some mild. Small portion of OK mac & cheese, large portion of some great fried okra accompanied my plate. My wife's BBQ nachos were covered with cheesy yum. Prices were OK, the folks that work there were all friendly and attentive

1 Thank Bob M
Belton
“Best BBQ ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I think this place has the best BBQ in town. Friendly staff and the owners make a point to come speak to customers. We always enjoy the brisket. Yummm

1 Thank Doggiedoc1972
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Good BBQ, but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I had the brisket melt sandwich with the sweet potato side. It was very good. The brisket had very good flavor and was very tender. The sweet potatoes were very good and complimented the sandwich well. Unfortunately It was overpriced for what I got. I understand BBQ can get expensive, but the sandwich and side was 11.99 (which after reviewing my receipt after I left i was charged 12.99). After adding a drink and tax (as well as adding an additional $1 charge for having sweet potatoes) my sandwich, sweet potatoes, and tea was over $16. That's a pricey lunch. Other than the price though, the food is excellent. The staff was friendly and I received my order very quickly. I would return, but may not be an option when on a budget.