“One of the 10 best barbecue in the southeast”
Review of The Pompous Pig

The Pompous Pig
Ranked #3 of 272 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: THE BEST BBQ! Smoked Pork, Ribs, Chicken and Beef Brisket. The meats are smoked daily for 8 to 14 hours in our on-site BBQ Pit using a mixture of woods (Hickory, Pecan, White Oak) combined with unique blends of spices and rubs. Our traditional southern side dishes are cooked from scratch in-house each day. Come on by and visit us early 'cause when it's gone, IT'S GONE!
Anderson, South Carolina
“One of the 10 best barbecue in the southeast”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have gone to Pompous Pig for many years. We have had great times there. Chet and his team do it right. They were quick to make sure you enjoy yourself and your food. I can't say enough about this place.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank KarlH399

Suffolk, Virginia
“D E L I C I O U S !!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great food.... the pulled pork and brisket were both juicy and smoked to perfection. 4 or 5 types of sauces they make give you alot of taste options. The sides were also excellent ! Mac N Cheese had big hunks of cheddar in it. Baked Beans were probably the best I've ever had. Real Grated Cole slaw had little refreshing little bits of pineapple in it.

We will definitely hit this place when in town again.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank BudLeary
Townville
“The go-to BBQ place in Anderson”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm in there at least once a month average, and frequently pick up bulk when I have family visiting. The People are great, with the owner giving you personal attention. The meats are so flavorful and juicy you don't really need sauces, but if you want to try something great and different, ask for the bottle of hot vinegar, The house sauce along with a mustard based one,Tabasco, and regular vinegar are on each table if you want them.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Lloyd B
Athens, Georgia
“Decent food, slow service”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Decent barbecue... A little pricey. Sides weren't that great. The worst part was having to wait over 30 minutes for my food!!!

1 Thank godawgs706
Belton, South Carolina
“Great Seasoning”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Food had great seasoning but a litle pricy. I ordered food for a meeting I had for a group of women. Everyone raved about how good the food was. I also love the fried macarroni and cheese!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank tipobserver

Been to The Pompous Pig? Share your experiences!