“Outstanding Hotel and Staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I enjoy staying at most Country Inn & Suites, but none better than this one. Outstanding staff from the front desk clerk, to the cleaning staff, to the cooking staff, to the maintenance staff. Upon arrival Melissa set the mood for the entire stay. She was very kind and offered great assistance at check-in and recommending good eating establishments. Late the first night, it sounded like there was a trampoline in the room above us and a group of teens were out extremely loud outside. (We were on the 3rd floor.) I called the front desk and it was taken care of immediately. For someone not to like this hotel, they must be determined to be unhappy before arrival and work really hard to maintain that mindset. Outstanding location, great eating places within walking distance, clean, comfortable, tremendous staff. Thank you for making a week long stay go by so quickly.

1  Thank MikeRSM
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel after your recent stay with us in Anderson, SC. I was sorry to hear that you experienced a noise issue, but it sounds like we were able to take care of it quickly for you. Our staff is determined to make sure every guest has the best experience possible by taking care of those issues that do arise in a timely manner.

I truly hope that we get the opportunity to serve you and your family again!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here to visit family about 20 miles from the hotel. The location is great, just right off interstate 85. There are several places to eat within walking distance. The hotel was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Every time I walked by the front desk, the clerk asked how I was doing and if I needed anything, I don't normally experience that and was very surprised by the hospitality. Breakfast was included in the room cost and was good. They had eggs, biscuits, toast, sausage, cereals, a waffle machine, and juices. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Our staff would like to thank you for writing a review regarding our recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Anderson, SC! I was personally thrilled to hear that you were impressed by the level of service and attentiveness our staff provided. Our hotel is very convienant and I was happy that you were able to take advantage of the nearby restaurants due to our location.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, a lot of them so called "high end" properties, but seldom have I been made to feel as welcome as the staff at this Country Inn managed to accomplish. From both Dee and Melissa at the front desk (I made a point of writing their names down so I would remember) to Joe, the manager (who rightfully is proud of the reputation this hotel has garnered), the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The remarkable thing is that all this felt genuine to me. Coming from New York City, I'm not used to this southern-style hospitality. As for the hotel itself, my room was large and clean, the pool was inviting, the exercise room was well-equipped, and the breakfast was quite nice. The MOST important question always is "would you want to stay there again?" and my answer is "yes, absolutely." P.S. Lots of restaurants nearby!

1  Thank LarsErikNYC

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure getting to speak with you during your stay with us and I was excited to know that you truly enjoyed our little hotel. All of our staff from Dee on the front desk to Linda at breakfast, and our housekeeping department all thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor. I have taken a closer look at the suggestions you shared during your stay and you'll be happy to know that we've already started on the length of our lamp chords, so thank you for that as well.

We hope that you will get the opportunity to stay with us again, so that we may have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I travel weekly for work and always love Country Inn & Suites. I have never had a bad experience. At this location I stayed for four nights and every single staff person was friendly, courteous and helpful. I had the king suite which was very nice in size and bathroom was in good shape with no cracks or other scary sights like I sometimes experience even at higher end hotel chains. There were always fresh cookies in the lobby as well as peppermints, coffee and tea. I would definitely recommend this location. The pool is small and the workout room did not have lots of equipment, but for a business traveler it met my needs.

My only complaint would be the lights from Hooters sign next door glaring at me all night! Nothing they can change about that I am sure.

Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Our team takes great pride in the customer service we provide to every guest, and we were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the restaurant sign from next door, our rooms are equipped with black out drapes but you may not have noticed; next time ask for a room on the opposite side of the building just to be sure.

We look forward to serving you again when you are in the area!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

There was much confusion after an online hotel reservation was messed up, but the manager (Joe Freyer) straightened everything out. When we arrived at the Anderson S.C. Country Inn & Suites we were very pleased with our room and the staff was first rate. Melissa Gosset handled our every need and answered all my questions. Excellent Weekend. i can't thank you enough!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Bob

We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay. It was a pleasure being able to assist you during your visit. I apologize I was not able to get the third party website to cancel the room for you on our end but I was happy to help you in any way we could. We look forward to serving you again when you are in the area!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

we really enjoyed the services that were provided with the hotel the rooms were very nice and well cleaned it was far more comfortable than any other hotel i have ever stayed in i highly recommend this hotel you will no regret your stay at the country inn &suites by Carlson, Anderson you will be very satisfied with your stay cause it was a great hotel to pick to stay at i very much so enjoyed it alot

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest

We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us in Anderson. It was our honor and pleasure to be able to serve you while you visited in the area and we look forward to being able to serve you again when your back in the Anderson or Clemson area!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

this hotel was absolutley wonderful. great staff, clean and beautiful. close to several great places to eat. loved the fact that they had coffee and cookies in lobby at all times. this hotel was about 7 miles from garretson arena.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a few kind words about your most recent stay. Our team takes great pride in serving our guests and we're honored to be able to take care of you during your stay.

If there is anything we can ever do for you please do not hesitate to reach out to us; and we look forward to being able to serve you again!