“Good but Very Noisy A/C”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good but Very Noisy A/C”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

First the positives:

- Near the interstate.

- Very nice people at the desk and in the food preparation area

- Rooms and lobby are very clean and appear to have been updated recently

- Weekend rate around $76 with AAA discount

- A family hotel that will accept pets.

Negatives

- Very noisy air conditioner in room. Kicked on and off all night and did not allow a good night's sleep

- Even though recently renovated, the hotel still appeared dated

I would have given this hotel a "5", but the A/C issue drove us crazy. Biggest positive was really the people at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. We were thrilled to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to provide you with excellent and friendly customer service. Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvienance you experienced with the a/c noise. We recently replaced all of our a/c's with brand new units so you letting us know about the noise is extremely important so that we can address any issues with the manufacturer immediately. We would love the opportunity to serve you again if you are ever in the area as we feel that was an isolated incident; also if there is ever an issue like that you can always report it immediately to the hotel staff and any reputable hotel should be able to rectify the issue on the spot. I hope this helps you out if another issue should arise during your travels.

We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to be able to serve you in the future.

Joe Freyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I want to start off by saying, I am a Carson employee who was in the area visiting family for Thanksgiving, and I decided to use my employee perks and stay at this property. As far as the hotel's overall cleanliness, I was not disappointed! This property has been updated beyond belief. From the bathrooms to the bedrooms, and even the breakfast area, it was the most modern Country Inn that I have seen so far. The breakfast attendant seemed shy, but the food was very good! The fitness center was increadible. The front desk clerks were reasonably nice (I believe one lady was fairly new). The Front Desk Manager was helpful, but my cudos go to Dee. I was excited to meet her after the phone call I made to the hotel to reguest a rollaway bed. She was beyond amazing (even though she didn't have to help us with anything) it was just her great spirit and personality that made me feel welcome when walking by the front desk! The only disapointment I had was the size of the hotel, room sizes, and breakfast room size. It was a smaller designed property, which I understand. Housekeeping was okay, but on our stayover nights, they did not remake our beds, replenish our shampoo/soap/conditioner/etc, and also did not give enough towels. They did however, empty the trash. These issues I can overlook, but with my wife being an executive housekeeper, she is very picky...

Thanks!
Quentin Williams
Guest Services Manager
Beaufort, SC

Room Tip: If you are looking for a decent sized room, go for the suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Quentin W
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Quentin

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review regarding your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to hear that Dee exceeded your expectations, she is an important part of our customer service philosophy. However, I was dissapointed to hear about your housekeeping service, that was not a typical experience I can assure you. As you may be aware we have been in the top 15 of all Country Inn & Suites for almost two years straight. We truly apologize for the inconvienance and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can correct any mistakes we are making

Again, we sincerely thank you for your feedback, it's always great to get honest feedback from someone else in the business, and look forward to serving you when your back in the Anderson area!

Central NJ
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is my annual go to hotel – whether I visit the area for 1 or 5 times a year we always stay here. Its pet friendly, the free breakfast is actually worth getting up for and the staff is the best. This is a service hotel and represents their brand well. The rooms have again been recently renovated (like the new art work and bench in the rooms), the location allows for easy access to all major thoroughfares, if you love to shop then this is a great place to unwind and if you need to relax grab some grub and a movie – it’s this all within walking distance. I look forward to returning and wanted to say thanks for another enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate your review of our Country Inn & Suites! We are an extremely proud team that is still humble enough to provide the absolute best customer service and hospitality to all of our guests.

We look forward to serving you again when your back in the Anderson area!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was assisted by Melissa and Dee. Both ladies were genuine, nice, and honest. Exhibited customer service that blew my mind as if they raised me from birth. I will never use another hotel again. Stayed at Hilton a few months back and thought I had a great deal because they have a restaurant/ bar attached to their building; however, due to the cleanliness, fast check-ins, location, and convenience of Country Inns and Suites, I would travel 10 miles to get something to eat just to be a resident at this home-feeling hotel. Next best thing to luxurious cabin rentals in mountains!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I cannot express how excited I was to read your review. Our team is focused on delivering exceptional customer service to every guest. Dee and Melissa both, as well as our entire team, has a deep heart felt desire to make sure our guests are satisfied. We make mistakes along the way but we do everyhthing within our power to make those mistakes right for our guests.

We truly look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your in the Anderson area!

General manager
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a local wedding. We booked 5 rooms. All the rooms were extremely clean and every staff member was warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We were honored to host your family for the wedding this past weekend! If there is anything else that our team can do for you or your family please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service at this hotel was amazing from the moment I called to make reservations until the moment I checked out. Everyone including the front desk, housekeeping, and kitchen staff made sure we were comfortable. After settling in the room we received a call from front desk to make sure our room was satisfactory. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to hear that our staff was able to "WOW" you during your stay with us. We have an outstanding team that is focused on delivering excellent customer service to every guest. Please know that we appreciate your business and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Here with spouse and dog; staff friendly and helpful, gave us a room right at the end of the corridor so only one adjoining room, good idea if you have a barky dog. First rate breakfast for this chain, eggs good; convenient location, would stop here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of our Anderson, SC Country Inn & Suites! We were excited to hear that you enjoyed our property, it is our pleasure to serve you and look forward to serving you again!