“Best Hotel in The Area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Central NJ
“Best Hotel in The Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is my annual go to hotel – whether I visit the area for 1 or 5 times a year we always stay here. Its pet friendly, the free breakfast is actually worth getting up for and the staff is the best. This is a service hotel and represents their brand well. The rooms have again been recently renovated (like the new art work and bench in the rooms), the location allows for easy access to all major thoroughfares, if you love to shop then this is a great place to unwind and if you need to relax grab some grub and a movie – it’s this all within walking distance. I look forward to returning and wanted to say thanks for another enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate your review of our Country Inn & Suites! We are an extremely proud team that is still humble enough to provide the absolute best customer service and hospitality to all of our guests.

We look forward to serving you again when your back in the Anderson area!

Joe Freyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was assisted by Melissa and Dee. Both ladies were genuine, nice, and honest. Exhibited customer service that blew my mind as if they raised me from birth. I will never use another hotel again. Stayed at Hilton a few months back and thought I had a great deal because they have a restaurant/ bar attached to their building; however, due to the cleanliness, fast check-ins, location, and convenience of Country Inns and Suites, I would travel 10 miles to get something to eat just to be a resident at this home-feeling hotel. Next best thing to luxurious cabin rentals in mountains!!!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I cannot express how excited I was to read your review. Our team is focused on delivering exceptional customer service to every guest. Dee and Melissa both, as well as our entire team, has a deep heart felt desire to make sure our guests are satisfied. We make mistakes along the way but we do everyhthing within our power to make those mistakes right for our guests.

We truly look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your in the Anderson area!

General manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a local wedding. We booked 5 rooms. All the rooms were extremely clean and every staff member was warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest

I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We were honored to host your family for the wedding this past weekend! If there is anything else that our team can do for you or your family please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service at this hotel was amazing from the moment I called to make reservations until the moment I checked out. Everyone including the front desk, housekeeping, and kitchen staff made sure we were comfortable. After settling in the room we received a call from front desk to make sure our room was satisfactory. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to hear that our staff was able to "WOW" you during your stay with us. We have an outstanding team that is focused on delivering excellent customer service to every guest. Please know that we appreciate your business and look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Here with spouse and dog; staff friendly and helpful, gave us a room right at the end of the corridor so only one adjoining room, good idea if you have a barky dog. First rate breakfast for this chain, eggs good; convenient location, would stop here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of our Anderson, SC Country Inn & Suites! We were excited to hear that you enjoyed our property, it is our pleasure to serve you and look forward to serving you again!

DC Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here from 9/27-9/29/13 for Clemson Homecoming. My original game plan was to spend the night in Clemson but the hotel price was ridiculous. After doing some searching, we came across this little gem.
We arrived at around 2pm and noted the lobby and reception area were very inviting. The breakfast room looked sufficient and would find out about that the next morning. The front desk staff were pleasant and our room was ready.
Upon entering the room, we observed that the room was clean and tidy. There is a small fridge and microwave available in there along with a small coffee maker. The welcome note on the desk advised us that there were two complimentary bottles of water for us. (That's always a plus). After about thirty minutes in the room we received a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was satisfactory. Yes it was, thank you very much.
On our first morning there we ate breakfast as there was plenty to choose from. There were breakfast potatoes, western omelets, and bacon. Fruit salads, waffles, cereals, breads, yogurt, and oatmeal were also available. That's a pretty decent variety for most people. The next morning saw scrambled eggs and French toast replacing the omelets and potatoes. There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance if the breakfast doesn't suffice. There are plenty of other places to eat very close by as you are right off of I-85.
Upon our return at night they had freshly baked cookies in the lobby for their guests. There is an indoor pool and a gym available which we did not take advantage of though, Overall, I was very satisfied with the room and the property in general. I would definitely stay there again as the Clemson campus is only a twelve minute drive away.
My only suggestion to them, have a water dispenser with fresh fruit (orange or lemon inside) in the lobby. They do have water fountains but the above is only a suggestion. Please give this place a try if you are looking for a clean and comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Anderson, SC! Our team is committed to providing excellent customer service to each and every guest.

We truly appreaciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future!

CONWAY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our room was a very nice sized room with plenty of space for everything. What I liked was that it was very clean, and everything was comfortable. They provide you with a blanket if you are opposed to using a comforter on the bed. The AC unit was quiet, and cooled very efficiently. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and all appear to enjoy what they are doing for a living. The only thing I would object to was that again, as in all the CI & Ss that we have stayed in during the last two years, is that they did not offer a room upgrade to us, and did not recognize us as a Silver Elite customer. So, I'm not going to hold my breath in the future waiting for this to happen. The breakfast was very good, and the pool had a feature, an opaque glass window, that did not make you feel like you were on display when using the pool. That should be something all hotels do. Who wants to watch people swimming while you are waiting for the elevator? Not me!! Do you really like having people watching you get out of the pool? Our room was right by the elevator, and we never heard it running up or down. That means you don't have to request not to be next to the elevator, it's not a problem. Don't forget to bring your own snacks, they only have soda machines, no snack vending machines or snacks available for sale at the office. There are about eight major chain restaurants within 2/10 mile, as well as a gas station (for snacks)!!! All in all, this was a very pleasant place to stay. We enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Don;t forget your snacks if that is important to your family.