“great place, very friendly staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Anderson, South Carolina
“great place, very friendly staff”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I came to Anderson on business, and the service that I recieved at this hotel the past couple weeks was awesome! Deloris at the front desk is incredibly friendly and responsive. The kitchen staff is so hospitable. When you stay here, you feel like part of a big family. The facilities were neat and clean. I will never stay anywhere else when I come to Anderson, SC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. We would also like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business when you are traveling in the area. We understand that you have many choices when it comes to your accomodations and are honored that you gave us a shot, and we were able to deliver.

It is a gross understatement to say that Deloris is an asset to our team, because she is honestly more than that; we are a family here at the Country Inn & Suites Anderson, SC and we treat all of our guests as part of our family.

We can't wait to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Anderson area.

Joe Freyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Burbank, California
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I travel 4 nights per week on average and got tired of my usual chain hotel, so I decided to check out the Carlson brand on a recent trip just outside of Greenville. I gotta tell you guys- I was blown away by how friendly the staff at this hotel is. The lady who checked me in to the hotel was one of the friendliest people I have encountered in my travels. She genuinely seemed to care that I got the room I was looking for and would be happy and comfortable. I have a pretty high expectation of customer service and this really impressed me. Anyways...aside from that, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. What more can you really ask for from a hotel? I checked out a couple other Country Inn properties later on in the week in the Charlotte area and my experience wasn't quite as good as this property, but by all means...this place is a must stay if you are going to Anderson or Greenville.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest

We truly are grateful for you taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. We were thrilled to hear what you had to say about our customer service that we provided. Our team understands that for the most part, most hotels offer the same amenities, so we strive to stand apart by delivering "old fashioned" customer service that you just can't find anywhere.

We can't wait to serve you again when your travels brings you back to the Anderson area!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My whole experience was absolutely AMAZING. I rented the honeymoon suite as a suprize for my boyfriend for valentines day, I decorated the room with 150 candles, 1000 rose petals, wine glasses, wine, a platter of chocolate covered fruits, balloons, candy and a bear. Without the staff I couldn't have pulled it off! The manager agreed not to charge me a clean up fee for the roses and candles upon arrival and Amanda a customer service rep agreed to light all my candles before I got there and called me when she was done... Needless to say my boyfriend who I blindfolded on the way there and I had an amazing unforgettable evening thanks to the awesome staff and the beautiful suite... Definitely worth the money... Thanks for all your extra help everyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. It was our pleasure to make sure that you enjoyed your special night with us and I am so happy to hear that you did.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the future for any accomodations that you may need in the Anderson area.

Central North Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband, 4 year old and I checked in the evening of January 19th. Joe was at the front desk, I only mentioned that I had just made last minute reservations and he recalled my name immediately. That was the beginning of a wonderful stay. The room itself was absolutely spotless, and unlike many hotels, I was delighted with the abundance of towels. The room was tasteful and quiet and I was thrilled to see a mini fridge with a working fridge for my son's beverages. Although we did nit have time to enjoy them, the pool was clean and inviting and the "lending" library seemed well stocked. Next time, we will take advantage of them. Customer service was special in that it felt more personal, sincere and warm than is typical from a chain. Thank you, Joe. Now I don't ever have to think about where I will stay when I visit my family in Anderson :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team is here and committed to providing truly exceptional customer service. I would also like to thank you for your kind words, I, as well as the rest of our team take every guests satisfaction personally.

We thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay and can't wait to see you on your next visit to Anderson; in the meantime if there is anything my staff or I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is the third time my family and I have stayed at this particular Country Inn & Suites. I have found them to be most accommodating, responsive and friendly. During this last trip, I was pleased to learn that the hotel provided a first floor room due to my immobility from a recent knee surgery. In particular, Melissa Gossett, the night shift person, opened the breakfast bar early for me since I am an early riser. On the second morning, she even fixed a waffle for me. What a lovely, caring person. Country Inn should be proud to have folks like this working for them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Jerry

We truly apreaciate you taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. It allows us to fine tune the service that we are providing to our guests so that we may continue to grow as a team and improve service for our guests.

Melissa will be thrilled to hear that she was able to make your stay more enjoyable and memorable. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Anderson area.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Except with this review not being posted, My husband and I always enjoy Deloris and her crew at our home away from home. Joe, I understand you are the manager, however Deloris sure does rock for your facility. The Breakfast crew and the house keepers 20 on the scale as well. We always give a pleasant and an amazing review, for some reason this was not posted. I am not happy about that. We were there around Thanksgiving for several days actually and again it was home away from home. The only complain, and it's a very small one is the volume on the TV, was inner controled and we could not increase the volume. Also, the other additional concern, is the guest laundry was out of servie. The staff took time out to dry our clothes in the staff laundry. "We both were very appreciative and thankful for that.

We always stay here again, Deloris Ashworth makes this where we will always stay, she and her crew deserve a raise and a huge way too go. No one can do it better.

Thank you and will be staying here again soon.

Deb and Duke Peebles
Charleston, SC

Room Tip: Ground floor to pool access, also would be great to have a hot tub there as well.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joe F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anderson, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Deb and Duke

Thank you so much for your kind words. Deloris is a true champion of our customer service philosophy and an integral part of our team. We understand that you have many choices when choosing a hotel in the Anderson area and we appreciate you recognizing that our entire team works very hard to ensure that our guests receive the best in customer service.

We cannot wait to see you on your next visit!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My Family and I stayed at Country Inn on the 9th of this month and as always it was a huge treat!!! The GM, Joe,Cara,Amanda.Dee.Patsy,Lisa,Chona and the entire staff were awesome!! The heated pool was so refreshing and Linda at breakfast even cleaned our table for us.The food was so good!! The wifi fast as ever.We also liked eating with real china. this hotel should rate so much higher than it does. The bed slept so comfy and our room was spotless.The staff was friendly and helpful and we will make this our home away from home.

Room Tip: We had a suite and if you are a Carlson member (we are) then the hotel may upgrade you at extra char...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We were all thrilled to hear that you truly enjoy our hotel. Our team works very hard to make sure that our guests experience something special when staying with us. You can rent a hotel room anywhere, but only receive fantastic service at the very best.

We sincerely enjoy having you as our guest. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can assist you in your travels in anyway!