“Better than average Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anderson Clemson
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed April 14, 2009

The title pretty much says it all, as most Fairfield Inns that I've stayed at have been pretty similar. However, it did seem a little newer, cleaner and more nicely decorated than most and check in was very speedy and efficient. Huge choice at breakfast also.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Anderson Clemson

Reviewed April 3, 2009

We stayed here while visiting Clemson University. It's a quick 15 minute drive to campus and based on the offerings in Clemson I think this was a good choice. My teenage son loved the yummy chocolate chip cookies upon arrival and he put the hurt on the ample (complimentary) breakfast buffet...waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, hard boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, juice, etc...

The rooms were spacious and, as is so wonderfully typical of Marriott, the beds were very comfortable! There are many dining options close by for the weary traveler.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The property is well-maintained, 2 room semi-suite is spacious and we really felt like we were away. Only complaint is that the towels really needed replacing and were of poor quality. I didn't expect this as we have stayed at other Marriott properties and also at similar chains at comparable price and service levels-Marriott needs to look at this. The location is super-we were an enjoyable drive from Hendersonville, Brevard, Chimney Rock and Lake Lure-where we took a daytrip. The movie theater is right next door, where we took in an afternoon matinee. One of our favorite restaurants-Fatz-is right in front and if you are in town during a sporting season-Wild Wing Cafe is walking distance, so enjoy your beer and wings and you don't have to worry about driving! :) We did enjoy the hot tub-pool is a bit small for really relaxing in. Comfortable poolside lounges made for a nice place to relax and read a book. All in all, a nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We walked right in after 8 hours of driving and it was so clean, modern, and inviting. Duh! It's a Marriott! I love you, Marriott!

Ok, I digress....

The lobby was spectacular, check in a breeze, room was very clean and moderns. High ceilings and a large bathroom were welcomed! Beds were not AS comfy as higher end Marriotts but better than average. Free internet and quality breakfast was nice.

Staff was friendly and efficient. Safe, clean, and MARRIOTT!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Nice stay, clean, pleasant staff. Only problem was hot tub wasn't working, i.e. it wasn't hot. Water was cold. Other than that, the hotel was fine for an overnight stay on the road.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 6, 2007

This is an above-par Fairfield Inn. The room/bathroom was clean, albeit quite small.

My stay here didn't last very long. Since I was here on business, I needed to use the internet to check my emails, etc. After trying with no success, I called the toll-free number for the internet provider and was told that it was an on-going issue and they had no estimate as to when it would be fixed.

I called to the front desk to ask if they knew about the issue and I was told "Yes, ever since that ice storm we had last month, the server's been fried... but you can use the wireless access in the lobby". I went down to the lobby and it did work there, but I'd rather be in the comfort and privacy of my room. So I checked out and went accross the way to the Hilton Garden Inn. The manager at the Fairfield was very apologetic and I told him that it's OK, these things happen.

I would stay again, as long as the internet issue was resolved.

PS - clustered around the Fairfield Inn are several restaurants and even a movie theater, within a comfortable walking distance.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank va_turtle
Reviewed August 19, 2006

Once again I stayed in this hotel. This time they have upgraded the carpeting and the breakfast area. All rooms have very reliable wired Internet service; in addition, the business center on the first floor has two fully accessible PCs with printers/internet.
EVERYONE on staff is very friendly. Pool and Exercise room wel--maintained. Free drinks and snacks at least twice weekly. The immediate area has numerous restaurants and a multi-screen theatre. It's about 14 miles from Clemson...which goes very fast.
HBO and in-room coffee maker.
GREAT for families and buisness travelers. I've used the hotel for both needs.
My favorite hotel in the Clemson area.

Stayed: July 2006