All reviews cinnamon buns room was clean front desk one night nice hotel fatz cafe breakfast selection common areas every morning parking lot other hotels walking distance stay there again convenient location enjoyed our stay recommend this hotel movie theater
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I read the reviews for this hotel and was willing to pay $200 to stay in a nice hotel. However, my experience was very disappointing. We traveled upstate to attend a football game for my son and wife’s birthday. We were very tired and were anxious to get to the hotel. When we arrived, the hallway had a musky odor and as we entered there were 7-8 men hanging around the entrance door drinking beer. Once in the room, we went to use the toilet and it was stopped up, so we called the front desk and waited for someone to fix the toilet. Five minutes later a person appeared at the door with a plunger and informed me that I had to plunge the toilet myself. After 10-15 plunges I was able to get it working to clear the blockage. We also brought an ice cream birthday cake to the room and the refrigerator didn’t work. We were told by the hotel there was nothing they could do other than store the cake in their main refrigerator which meant we didn’t have a refrigerator for any drinks or any other items we would need to store. We then proceeded to want to take a shower and the curtain would not stay closed and there was no bathroom fan. Also, there were five of us booked for the room however there were only three towels and wash clothes which meant another trip to the front desk. We got ready for bed and went to deadbolt lock the door and the lock wouldn’t work so we had to prop a chair up against the door during the night. What started out as a wonderful birthday ended in a nightmare.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank leehutto5678
00gc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered in your room and the inconvenience this caused you. We will share your concerns with the appropriate team to make sure this does not happen again. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. Clean and close to the highway. Lots of restaurants close by. Would stay there again. Breakfast was a nice addition. Hot and fresh. Had to visit for work and wanted a nearby hotel. Staff was helpful even though under training.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Thank you for the great review! We are glad our location worked well for you, and you appreciated being so close to restaurants. We are also pleased to read your comment about our complimentary breakfast and excellent staff. Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson.

Reviewed March 4, 2019

The hotel is clean, well lit, welcoming and convenient. The rooms are clean, bedding comfortable and staff friendly. Breakfast is quite good and food is brought out fresh upon request. Staff are helpful and pleasant. The common areas clean, comfortable and user friendly. Good rates and convenient to I-85 and Clemson.

Room tip: We have stayed several times and it is always quiet unless there is a rude guest coming in late and loud.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
00gc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Anderson. It is a pleasure to know you had an enjoyable experience with us and loved everything we offer. We enjoyed having our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the beds and bedding very comfortable. After a good nights sleep we had a delicious breakfast that was beyond the run of the mill free breakfasts at other hotels. The Cinnabons were yummy! Dorothy, who took care of the breakfast room keeping everything neat and tidy as well as filled was a delight! She is a gem! Too bad every hotel can't have Dorothy in their employ. We will definitely stay here the next time through Anderson.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
00gc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Thank you for your delightful review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Anderson. Your positive comments about your comfortable accommodations and our breakfast offerings are greatly appreciated. We will surely share your compliments with the associate mentioned. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best HI Express hotels that O have stayed in. The bed was extremely comfortable with a generous amount of space to move around in. I would stay there again, without question. I dodm't eat breakfast, but it is pretty standard.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
00gc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Anderson - I-85, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Anderson. We are delighted to know you had a great stay and that you were impressed with our comfortable accommodations. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.