“Always fresh quality food”

GRAND CHINA RESTAURANT
Ranked #58 of 269 Restaurants in Anderson
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: 864.261.6688 LISTED IN YELLOW PAGES
Anderson, South Carolina
“Always fresh quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is my favorite chinese restaurant for several reasons.
1. No buffet
2. Fresh cooked food
3. Quality food
4. Pleasing decor
5. An overseeing owner who cares about his business
We ate at Grand China again tonight. My scallops were huge and fresh tasting: my husband ate the sweet/sour pork combo (not much you can do with that). Last time I had Lemon Chicken for the first time..supurb meal, huge portion..(.I tried this dish again while visiting Orlando :(...no comparison). The Phonex Nest is also delightful.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Betty R

Norcross, Georgia
“Just another Chinese restaurant.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I guess if it wasn't for the local Americans this place would close. Just another typical American style Chinese restaurant. Small menu, average taste and price but, great decor. Owner was on site and very pleasant. He spent sometime speaking with my in-laws visiting from China.
Minutes off I-85 so, if you have that craving for Chinese go-a-head and stop by, otherwise find a Chinese buffet.

Visit their website GrandChinaAnderson.com

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Rich Z
Anderson, South Carolina
“Best Chinese Restaurant in Anderson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Of all the Chinese Restaurants in Anderson the Grand China is perhaps the best. It is a sit down restaurant with no buffet so your food is cooked to order. For travelers on Interstate 85 take exit 19-A and the restaurant is easy to get to on Clemson Boulevard (restaurant is on the right across the streeet from BP gas station. They do not use MSG so your food tastes good. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank BLAIDDDRWG
Greenville, South Carolina
“Sadly, as disappointing as the other”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Since the restaurant was featured in the newspaper, I expected good things. However, I was extremely disappointed. I ordered the sesame chicken during lunch for takeout. The chicken had very little flavor,-was just chicken in a type of sweet sauce. Even the rice - which was fried- was flavorless; it was mostly just brown. It also came with an egg roll, which had lots of ingredients, but again, not a lot of flavor. The best part of my dish was the broccoli (but then again, it's hard to mess up broccoli). With my grand total being $7.59 for a lunch meal that definitely wasn't worth it.... I won't be going back. I will say however, that the service was prompt and pleasant.

• Visited March 2012
Anderson, South Carolina
“Consistently good Chinese food and subdued atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I and my family have eaten at this restaurant many, many times over the last 20 years. The restaurant is clean and usually very quiet, in comparison to other restaurants in the area which can be quite boisterous at times. I can count on enjoying my meal in peace and it is usually not overcrowded on Friday and Saturday nights. Sunday afternoon after church is a great time to visit as the lunch pricing is in effect and portions for lunch specials are quite generous. My favorites are the Kung Pow Chicken and Curry chicken dishes. Food is consistently good. It is not a buffet. One big mention, this restaurant does not use MSG in their cooking.

• Visited October 2011