“Just short of excellent”

Hampton Inn Anderson/ Alliance Business Park
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Baltimore, MD
“Just short of excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

There were a lot of great things about this hotel, located just off I-85 - beds were comfortable, the desk clerk and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful, and the decor was modern. So I hate to nit-pick, but it's the details that always make or break a stay for me. Which is why it was disappointing to find that 1) they hadn't baked enough cookies and only crumbs were left when we arrived, 2) the inside of the shower door hadn't been cleaned (in a while) and was covered with soap scum and mildew (the rest of the room/bathroom was spotless), and 3) the breakfast - which had many other delicious options - included bruised/brown bananas, runny oatmeal, and only one type of yogurt (artificially sweetened, no thanks). I would stay here again if I'm in that area, however, as the positives far outweighed the negatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aschiminger
HM C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anderson/ Alliance Business Park, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback of your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire Hotel Team, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectation(s) and I am working with our Housekeeping Team to correct the problem(s) you found with your shower. I understand that our Breakfast per your review may not have been the quality that it should have been, and we are working with our Team to address this issue you raise as well. I am always looking for these reviews to provide insight into our Guests' experience, as Cleanliness and Comfort are our first and top priority. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our area and experience the very finest we have to offer and that "Hamptonality" difference. Our very best wishes. HMC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
southcarolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here for a night as we were going to have a very early start over at Clemson University. The employees were very nice and professional, the hotel was very clean. Nothing but positives things to say in regard to the hotel.

I will make mention that I was originally going to book the other Hampton in Anderson (located off of Interstate 85, exit 19) which we've stayed at before but it was all booked up. So I went ahead and booked this particular Hampton Inn (also located off Interstate 85, but the exit is 27). After staying at both hotels I must say that I prefer this particular one. And while there is not but around this hotel it really isn't far to travel to exit 19 for things to do, restaurants, and heading off to Clemson University.

Room Tip: We were in room 213 which overlooked the front parking lot (not scenic by any means but looking on t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Passing through on road trip. Hotel very nice and clean! It appears to be quite new...had that newness smell. Front desk friendly -- maid service too....maid on floor assisted us with TV(couldnt get it to work). Breakfast was very good! Breakfast area clean-coffee good. Only downside to this hotel - you have to drive down highway or into Anderson to eat. We drove in to Anderson (very cute town) and ate at the Mellow Mushroom. We would use this Hampton again.

Room Tip: hotel so new, dont think you'll have a bad room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a hotel that I stayed at on my way back from from Villa Rica Ga. It was a great hotel. It is a new hotel, two years old the desk clerk said. Check in was quick and mistake free. The guy was friendly and nice to me. It was about 10:30pm when I got there, so I was thankful to get checked in quickly. I can't say anything about the wi-fi service, as I didn't use it, the pool, I didn't use it either. BUt the room was very nice, really clean and fresh. The bathroom was spacious and very clean.Check out the next morning was quick and easy.As I always get express check out, I get a reciept under the door. I got it ok, but I need a second one for my office. I go to the desk to get it, the girl seemed to busy messing with her phone to give me her attention, I got my reciept but no thank you or have a nice day or nothing. I know that sounds petty, but as hard as business is to get these days you should be friendly to the customers you do have, so that they may return. I will stay at this hotel again if the need arises. I will not let one unfriendly person deter me from this hotel, avery nice place, I recommend it to others as well. The breakafst was normal to most Hamptons, the lady taking care of that area was really nice and happy to help in any way. I'm sorry I didn't get any names.

Room Tip: I always try and get a room away from the main road most of the time it is quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Actually, the bathrooms have been redone, but the entire property feels fresh. Like the pillows and bedding. Very friendly and helpful staff person on duty when we arrived. Several decent places to eat within walking distance and a movie theater across the street. A nice experience.

Room Tip: Top floor on corner means only one adjoining wall. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at this property on two different occasions this month. Ordinarily I stop at a different Hampton Inn nearby (also nice) but reserved this one by mistake. Great mistake! Friendly folk staff the front desk and at the breakfast area. The property looks new and what especially stands out are the large rooms and pleasant decor. Bathroom shower is huge! It is my new Anderson go-to hotel.

Room Tip: Kentucky Fried Chicken is within walking distance.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed for 1 night during a weekend basketball tournament in Easley. The Hampton Inn looked new and was exactly what we expect out of a Hampton. Clean comfortable rooms and a nice breakfast. This hotel is right off I85 and easy to get to.

Room Tip: Not many restaurants close by. Jump on I85 and head south into Anderson Exit 19 and you will find lo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family