“Wonderful Inn! Loved it!”
Review of Bleckley Inn

Bleckley Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Anderson B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at Bleckley Inn to celebrate our 31st anniversary and to attend NewSpring in Anderson. The pictures of the Inn were beautiful but once you arrive you realize they don't do this amazing place justice. The furnishings are pretty, the rooms immaculate and the staff very friendly. Everything from check in to breakfast the next day were perfect. We felt like special guests in a gorgeous home. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bleckley Inn

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Bleckley Inn was a PERFECT place for us to stay while going to the "Masters Tournament' in Augusta. The drive is a straight shot that will take you 1.5-2 hours on a back road w. NO TRAFFIC! (our FOCUS was to stay away from the crowds of the tournament and the over-priced hotels around Augusta)
The Bleckley Inn has GREAT complimentary breakfast in the a.m. & cookies and milk from 8-10pm :) The Inn is beautiful & has alot of character! The beds are soft and fluffy for GREAT sleep after a LONG busy day of activity! The town of Anderson is walking distance from the hotel & has resturaunts/bars which makes it sooo CONVENIENT, cute town w. Southern charm!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked a one night 'mom' getaway in the least expensive room last summer. Upon arrival, there was an outdoor festival going on right outside my room. I set down my luggage and called the front desk to see if there was another room available as a live band right outside my window would not be a quite getaway from my kids at home. They immediately upgraded me to a suite with a full kitchen and living room!
Service is wonderful, and their cleaning staff was so polite and did such a great job!
I will always look to stay here for a quiet night alone or for an anniversary treat.
Thank you Bleckley for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The full suite was wonderful with couches and kitchen table for dining in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I travel constantly for business so I'm a bit of a skeptic about staying in small inns. Our son is at Anderson University and we have stayed at chain hotels (Westin, Hyatt, etc.) in Greenville until now. My biggest regret is not staying at the Bleckley sooner. Impeccable service, clean, charming, amazing sheets and comfortable bed and pillows....kicking myself for all those nights at other lesser hotels. I recommend the Bleckley without reservation!

Room Tip: The suites with the full kitchens are fantastic for longer stays. Well-stocked with plates, paper...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Bleckley Inn is exceptional...we were impressed with the attention to detail. The amenities
and the location are ideal. We took our grandson to Clemson University for a tour and visit.We
enjoyed dinner at J.Peters, a two block walk, a casual restaurant with very good food and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary. We didn't want to be too far away from Greenville and we planned to go to Clemson the next day as well. Downtown Anderson is a little tough to navigate and getting to the Bleckley is a bit tricky due to the one way suites, but once there it is worth it. A great escape and nothing you would ever expect in downtown Anderson. We stayed in Room 5 great hardwood floors, awesome shower and bathroom, and a bed you just melt into. We walked over to Sullivans for dinner and there was a nice wine shop along the way as well. When we got back we had brought some champagne and enjoyed it by the fire downstairs. This hotel stands up with some of the best in the country I have visited. The one thing to note all rooms are upstairs but our room was close to the street so if your a light sleeper street noise may be a consideration. The key is doing the little things right like Keurigs in every room and fresh baked cookies.

Room Tip: Room 5 and 6 adjoin. Good room but street noise can be an issue if your a light sleeper
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Located in wonderful downtown Anderson, the Inn is the site of the old Fretwell House and the turn of the century Elizabeth Bleckley Building. The building boasted the 1st elevator in an office building in Anderson, the first "electrified" city in North Carolina. My woman's group had a wonderful time recently on a Saturday morning. 25 women enjoyed a wonderful buffet which included an egg casserole with sausage, fabulous hash brown casserole, delicious cheese grits from local Timms Mill, amazing praline bacon, ( I had 11 pieces and wanted more, but I had to stop!) pecan pancakes (OMG), homemade banana bread, muffins, yogurt granola parfait, tons of local fruits, and other assorted breads. Oh ye,s great coffee and tea selections.. It was wonderful, and in a lovely setting. I have enclosed photos of the inn and it is just beautiful. We toured some of the rooms and I tell you I have been all over the world and these accommodations were 1st class all the way. . After brunch we all sat by the fireplace in the lobby and stayed forever. We felt completely welcome. I must return with my husband. This place is perfect for events big or small or for a romantic couples retreat. Make sure and visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends