“Thanks for putting together the perfect destination!”
Review of Bleckley Inn

Bleckley Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Anderson B&B and Inns
Decatur AL
“Thanks for putting together the perfect destination!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I recently stayed at The Bleckley's Inn for the first time. To find this amazing place was wonderful. Where to start? The place is beautifully decorated and the rooms are first rate.
I stayed(solo) in the Fretwell Suite and the beds were fabulous. At breakfast, the chef
Promised he'd have warm spinach quiche after I took a medication and it was delicious.
It's worth going for the breakfast alone. The owners and the innkeeper are great and
Work to make everything just perfect. I told my daughter I had the destination and
would be thinking up reasons to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed overnight after a wedding last weekend and I can honestly say that I cannot wait to return. The staff was FANTASTIC. Everyone we met seemed to bend over backwards to meet our needs. The room was absolutely beautiful. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and every amenity you can think of was available to us. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. I cannot think of a single thing about this hotel that I could say was less than perfect. I work at a hotel in Philadelphia and often find myself rating others against, however this time I found myself finding ways for us to improve upon our own hotel! If you are visiting the area, this is absolutely the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My daughter goes to Anderson University and we live in CA. My family has stayed several times at the Dickson Suites and loved it. It was always so nice to have somewhere to stay with the family that has a kitchen and all the amenities you could ask for. Drinks in the fridge, soap for the washer/dryer. Plus a beautifully renovated loft. They had thought of everything. I have been waiting to come out to stay at the Bleckley Inn and was so happy to stay there this last week. I came alone to drop my daughter off at school and felt very safe. Shelby has always been the most welcoming Innkeeper and is a sweetheart! I feel like extended family! The Inn is beautiful, the food is amazing and the room I had was perfect.
We can't wait to come out for homecoming and stay again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Every detail was considered in making our visit the best ever. Cookies and milk at night, snacks in the daytime, free water in our refrigerator. The suite was superlative! Beautifully decorated. Enjoyed having guests to visit with us in a relaxed atmosphere. The bed is beyond words! Comfortable and beautiful. Best pillows ever! The reunion was so nice there--restrooms right outside the meeting room.
All the employees there were so hospitable from the time we walked in the door. It was an exceptional time. We hope to be back soon!
Parking so convenient to hotel and all downtown. A washer and dryer in our closet with detergent provided! The best we have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Make reservations as soon as you know your dates
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Delaware
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We recently spent several days at the Inn. Since there were 5 of us, we stayed at the Dickson Suites. What a wonderful experience. From check-in [after a long drive, i was met with a glass of cold water] to a seamless checkout, everything as great. The Dickson Suites are well appointed, very comfortable and stocked with the basics for an enjoyable stay. The location is about a 5 min. walk from the main Inn but it was nice to see the "sights" of Anderson on our way to breakfast each morning. There are several nice places to eat less than a block away. The downtown area seems safe, clean and has some nice shops for browsing. The staff at the main Inn were very friendly and tried to make us feel at home. We will stay here on future visits to Anderson.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Central, SC
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My son and daughter-in-law were married in mid-April at the Bleckley Inn. They decided to have the ceremony in the delightful courtyard and the reception in the charming carriage business room. Family and bridal party rented all the rooms upstairs. For the entire weekend, we felt as if we were on vacation, with the evenings being a casual, continual party. Innkeepers made us feel so welcome! The Inn is within walking distance of other pubs and restaurants. I can honestly say the weekend was perfect. The atmosphere was just what the bridal couple wanted and I couldn't have been more pleased with their choice and the Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2011

WOW... What an amazing experience to celebrate the wedding of my oldest son in this incredible place. Derrick and Alicia and all of the bridal party and family and friends created memories to last a life time in this beautiful place. We had our rehersal dinner in the restaurant - such a romantic atmosphere... and the caterer loved all that was available to them to make the dinner perfect. The ability to set up on Friday for the wedding made the day of so much easier...and the willingness of Steve, Lynn, Shelby and Cely to allow us to make it truly "our day" and decorate the venue with all our "dream day ideas" was amazing. The suites and rooms were all occupied by our party - what a great way to enjoy not just the ceremony but all the events that surround this great day! It also allowed us to enjoy the magnificent breakfast available for 2 days! It was so great to sit with Derrick and Alicia and enjoy breakfast before they left for a great honeymoon. The food is AMAZING!!!! and I will definately go back to have breakfast even if not staying overnight! Thank you Steve, Lynn and all your staff for the perfect weekend. I would highly recommend this place for so many events - business, weddings and just a great weekend to enjoy the beautiful city of Anderson. Not to mention those "Tigers play" not far away!

Room Tip: If staying for several days - the suites the full kitchen is perfect for
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family