All reviewsfront deskclean placesmall roomhandicapped roomroom was cleandog showstay there againchecking outnice staydesk staffgreat ratebreakfast barfree breakfastclemsonsccerealexit
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I work in the hotel industry for full service hotels. I work for and upscale brand with extremly high standards for service. I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to limited service hotels. I was SHOCKED when I stayed at this hotel. The service was above and beyond my expectations. The staff did everything they could to honor ALL requests. There was a smiling face every time we turned the corner; it was great. The rooms were modern and had great touches like a window seat over the A/C unit. Everything was clean and fresh. Breakfast was a great touch and having someone offer to make your waffle for you was above and beyond expected service. Dana is a huge asset to this hotel and really made our experience memorabe!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We have stayed in this hotel a few times and I can't believe this is the first time I have ever written a review for them. A bad stay at a promising hotel in Savannah jogged my memory. lol The rooms at the Microtel Inn at Anderson are clean. The beds are comfy and very clean. The continental breakfast is SUPER GOOD. Nothing dry or old, fresh hot waffles, great coffee. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. Paula Sledge is the most caring and concerned manager I have ever encountered. She REALLY does care about her job. Made my husband and I feel right at home and at breakfast, she waited on the kids like they were her grandchildren.

I REFUSE to stay anywhere else in Anderson. I can not stress it enough, this hotel is Grrrrrrreat!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I was with my family and we had been boating on Lake Hartwell for the day. Our day continued with a better night at the Anderson Microtel. When we arrived, the staff was friendly and reccommended a great place for dinner. After dinner the kids enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool, along with freshed baked cookies in the lobby, which only capped off our day. The beds are very comfortable and the room decor very clean and attractive. Even the shower seemed an upgrade from most value hotels with a massaging showerhead. We awoke well rested and enjoyed a complimentary breakfast including homemade waffles. I plan to revist this hotel for business when I come through SC again next month, as this hotel even has a small conference room for meeting clients. A diamond in the rough with very affordable rates!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This hotel is a great place to stay for the money. The staff was very friendly, the rooms are really nice and clean, and my kids had a great time in the pool. They also had a continental breakfast that made it very convenient to run down with the children. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Paula, the office manager, aded to the total package with her willingness to provide help and information. The rooms are very clean, climate control better than many in this price range. I think someone carefully designed the rooms to be as size efficient as possible without feeling unduly cramped.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business