“Falling apart.”

Kid Venture Playground
Ranked #9 of 23 things to do in Anderson
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was excited to bring my kids here after reading the reviews on here. Unfortunately, this playground has seen better days. It looks like it was awesome when it was new, but has numerous broken pieces and a few of the areas are somewhat of a hazard. We drove 40 mins to visit while on a trip to Lake Hartwell. We will not return. It's a shame this hasn't been maintained better.

3  Thank Kirby K

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've always played with my kids in the "castle". It was so much fun and even better when there's no crowd. Many nooks and cranny's to hide in. Got swings and slides and poles and nets. The "Hundred Acre Wood" is about a two block distance walk to enter the double trail and it's naturally awesome with the tree varieties and the poison ivy hiding everywhere. Well, maybe not so much for poison ivy. Just know what it looks like. There are fields for kite flying and Frisbee also. Got picnic tables, so bring food and let me know when. There are ball fields there which are usually locked, but we climb over. Got bathrooms too. Adjacent to the civic center so if there's something going on, you could do both.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We go to this playground all the time with my grandchildren. It's safe, clean and a great place for the kids to play. They have benches for the grown up's to sit on while they watch their loved one's play. Ages two to 14 would be about the right age for the park. It has buildings to run through, swings, jungle bars, and lots more.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was a great play area but it is falling apart now. Nails sticking out, the two big slides are boarded up, swings are broken. It was not a good experience.

2  Thank katsell2003
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our kids love to come here when we come to Anderson. As a parent it is a little nerve racking. We always try to sit near the entrance/exit. There is another gate in the rear that was open last time we visited so we sat where we could see both. It is really hard to keep your eyes on the kids at all times. We try to dress ours in bright like colors. We have been visiting here for 8 years and we wish we had something like it in our town. The only thing I would change would be to take out the dark castle and replace it with something that we could keep our eyes on our kids. The last time I was there (Late March 13) it appeared that they had made some repairs and freshened up a good bit.

1  Thank surveytech13