“Making it Great again!”
Review of Days Inn Anderson

Days Inn Anderson
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was visiting relatives near Anderson and picked this motel because of closeness, but they also had a 3 night special, which was great for my budget. my room was spotless, the maids were extremely nice, as was the front desk. The pool was decent size and again was very clean. My sons' family came over and we had a great afternoon in the pool. This was obviously an older motel, but you could see the upgrades and improvements the new owners of Days Inn had Already made. I'll definetly stay at this motel again, but if this is an example of what they're doing all over, I'll be staying at Days Inn wherever I go.

Room Tip: This motel has both smoking and non-smoking rooms. each side of the motel was designated. it was qu...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
hemaray, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We are glad to have satisfied you during your stay. Our goal is to go above and beyond for every guest. I thank you for choosing our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I were traveling south this evening, we came through charlotte, nc where we planned to stopped except when we got there it was pouring the rain and traffic was terrible we kept traveling we ended up getting out of the rain and decided to go further which is not like us because neither of us like to travel in the rain but something was telling us to continue. our journey brought us to anderson, sc where we decided to stop for the night. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted with the most pleasant young lady, bubbly and full of energy, what a warm welcome this was. we told her about our adventures and that we were tired and she told us that we came to the right place that she would get us in for the night and get us to our room to rest, after checking in the young lady offered to help us with our luggage since we were so tired but all we had was an overnite bag, The young lady was very informative about the hotel and helped us with all of our questions and never once did she seem to get tired of what she was doing. If this is any indication of how she treats all of the guest that come to stay then this hotel has a rare gem because she sure does know her job and does it well. From now on we will continue a couple more hours we would rather stay here than in charlotte area as we have done over the last few years.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
hemaray, General Manager at Days Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay. We absolutely love hearing how much our guests enjoy our hotel. We are in the business of service and it is our top priority to make sure that we do everything within our power to go above and beyond when pleasing our guests. Again, we truly appreciate the feedback and look forward in having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great location, good rates and great service. I would stay again when working in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
hemaray, General Manager at Days Inn Anderson, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and we also want to thank you for taking some time out of your busy day to review our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I checked in on Monday night, corp. lodging , work only. I checked in for three nights Mon.-Wed. with work scheldule I decided to stay another night check out Thursday. called the front desk on Tuesday evening updated check out to Friday. Wednesday after work I arrived at the Days Inn & someone was in my room. I was upset knowing my computor , contracts , personal belongings in room , I went to front desk the manager said I checked out that morning at 6:45 and legally they were not responsible for my property left in room. She was beyond rude to me. I never checked out that morning & if I had I would have never left a brand new laptop & all my belongings. It took her 45 minutes to give me my stuff with her telling me I must have forgot I checked out. I travel 3 states with my company handle over 400 accounts I assure you I would tremember if I checked out and leave a $900.00 laptop in room with my clothes and paperwork I believe they were going to steal my property. The manager told me they were not responsible for property left in room. I kept telling her I did not check out. She said maybe I forgot. I only stayed at this hotel because yes, I smoke occasionally & only Motel that lets you smoke in a non smoking room.

Room Tip: I had to get the housekeeper on Tuesday morning put chemical in bathtub drain . Took a shower &...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Hi Hubler37,

We are so sorry that you had this experience at our hotel. Our number one goal at the hotel is to deliver the very best in class customer service for EVERY guest. It is obvious that we fell way short of this during your stay with us. One of the great things about this site is the guest feedback provided by travelers like you, good or bad. Because of your review we have sent everyone through Guest Service training again and have made service our number one focus. We promise to ensure that your experience with us not repeat itself again to any guest. We have talked to you several times via phone to help understand this situation and hope that you are satisfied with our compensation to you. I know it is a lot to ask, but if you give us another try we will ensure that you have the best hotel service experience you have ever had at any hotel. We appreciate your feedback and for making our hotel a better hotel for everyone!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We have stayed at Days Inn Anderson-Clemson every year for the last 4 for a family reunion. We have always been met with courteous, friendly, and informative people. We really feel at home here now, and find the location perfect for our needs. We recomend this motel to all the out of town families who come from all over to attend the reunion, and their experience has been the same.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Evelyn W

Hi Evelyn W,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your experience at our hotel. This gives credence to the goal of creating the very best experience for our guest at this hotel. We know we are not a 5 star hotel but that doesn't mean we can't provide 5 star service. We were so delighted to have your reunion and hope that you will stay with us again. Please swing by our front desk and say hello next time through!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

The staff was excllence and very helpful and services were great. Clean rooms & clean linens. Great value for the money. I would stay there again when in the area next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hi Hitesh B,

We are delighted that you had a great experience with us. We know it is hard being on the road away from home. It is always our goal to make it easier by delivering great service and immaculately clean rooms. We appreciate your reassertion of this and look forward to your stay next time through Anderson, SC.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Sounds like a horror movie.....just a horror of a hotel. Had booked 3 rooms for 5 nights each. Only stayed 3 due to the room conditions.

Found live cockroaches, blood on the mattresses, dirty bathrooms. The worst part was the attitude of the hotel staff, they did nothing to rectify the situation.

Filled a complaint with Days-inn, did hear back from the hotel, but again they did nothing to help the situation, only blammed me for not bringing it to the attention of the front desk, when I clearly did.

Do not stay here............

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Hi dkpilot,

Thank you for your feedback. We love to hear from guests whether the review is good or bad because they enable us to become a better hotel for all guests. I apologize that we did not deliver on our promise to provide every guest with 5 star service. We are preaching this day in and day out to all of our employees as a result of your review.

We encourage you to book directly with a hotel when making reservations next time. We could not refund you for your remaining nights with us when you checked out early because the reservation was made through a third party vendor and we did not charge you (they did). When the room is booked directly at the hotel we charge the guest and are then able to adjust the bill for early check outs like yours.

However, this is no excuse for not providing you with a good experience with great service and clean room. I can assure you that are rooms are checked, vigilantly cleaned, and awaiting you should you ever give us another chance. If you come through Anderson, please come by our desk to discuss further and lest us prove that your review has made a significant difference.