“8 Wonderful Nights at Maria's Place Comfort Suites!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Anderson
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“8 Wonderful Nights at Maria's Place Comfort Suites!”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and our four boys Ages 7-14 come to Anderson to visit family on a regular basis 1-3 times a year for a week or two at a time. Finding a place that can accommodate all 6 of us in one room is a challenge in and of itself. Our room had two comfy queen beds and a decent roll away double . A pool is a must and in Colorado all of the hotels have an indoor pool. Not so in Anderson. And although the pool at Comfort Suites is small, we had a blast swimming and playing and then hot tubbing too.
Perhaps our favorite highlight was the morning complementary breakfast.. I've never seen my 14 year old jump out of bed so early in the morning for breakfast! All of us really enjoyed the hot breakfast of eggs and bacon and sausage and the waffle station and yogurt galore as well as bagles, cream chees and pastries and cereals and a whole lot more. And the coffee was awesome The really nice thing is that the coffee and tea station was open 24/7. Each night I could grab a cup of tea or coffee and sip it as I worked on my real estate transactions in the business center that had great computers and a good printer/copier by the way. Free wi-fi in the room was excellent.
But what was really, really great was Maria Farrugia of Malta, the manager and her most outstanding staff of ladies and gentlemen that had nothing but smiles for us. The service was fantastically friendly for my wife and four boys. What a breath of fresh air Some hotels can't stand kids but Maria's family of hard workers made us feel welcome and at home in so many ways! I don't remember getting so much value in one hotel in the past ten years of staying in Anderson! We will stay with Maria and her team next visit this Summer for sure! Oh yea, I forgot to mention that I had to have a real estate closing with a notary and a private room was available to me. And the location of the hotel was just off the hwy which was great. And a big movie theater was right acorss the street as well as a bunch of restaurants within walking distance. Okay, that's all I can think of for now. A great stay it was!

Room Tip: Ice machines are on the 2nd and 4th floors only.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark Z
Mfarrbb, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Mark Z,

Thank you so much for your long review about your stay with us at Comfort Suites, Anderson. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed all the amenities we offer at our property including the indoor pool and our fantastic full hot breakfast every morning!

I will deliver your message to all departments as we all take pride in our hotel and the experience we offer to our guests! They will be very pleased to read it! We enjoy seeing familiar faces so please make sure that you come back to see us when you come to Anderson, SC.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Rgds,

Maria Farrugia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Clean, comfortable and quiet. Plenty of restaurants and a movie theatre within walking distance. Spacious rooms with comfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2012
Chesterfield, SC
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Beware of loud music on Sunday mornings!!! Great disappointment on this stay on February 4, 2012. My family has stayed at this Comfort Suites many times in the past year. We have always thought this was a nice place to stay. The rooms are nice and clean. The atrium area is great with the fountain and lots of seating areas to relax. They have two computer stations with a printer that is available to use. They also have a very nice breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fruit, juice, and coffee, etc. However after this stay - I will look somewhere else for my next stay in this area. In the early morning hour on Sunday around 9 AM, very loud music - boom box - started playing near the atrium area. It was extremely loud in the atrium area, and even could be hear inside my second floor room. I inquired at the desk and was told that they had started to allow church services to be held every week. I am in a hotel to get peace and quiet - not listen to loud music! Beware if you go here on Saturday night/Sunday morning!!!! You will not find peace and quiet!

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear JoyF_Chesterfield,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about our property. I appreciate the positive comments you have left regarding our open atrium lobby area, breakfast, and room cleanliness. Our team at Comfort Suites strives hard at achieving quality service to our customers.

As a result of this, I understand that you have visited our property several times. I am sorry for the inconvenience about the noise coming from our meeting room during your last visit. I have delivered your concern to the person in charge. Please do not stop this from returning back to our property!

Please do not hesitate to call the hotel directly and we will be more than glad to make your next visit a pleasant stay.

Kind Rgds,

Maria Farrugia
Delaware
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Having stayed in at least 15 different Comfort Suites, I thought I knew what to expect. Well, this Comfort Suites blew me away. The lobby is magnificent. There is a fountain & a glass walled elevator for a view of the lobby when going to upper floors. The interior corridors are open to the lobby and have a European flair, with wrought iron and flower boxes hanging from the open corridors. The room was HUGE. Everything was in perfect condition ans the mattress and pillows were heavenly. My only complain was that there was no vent in the bathroom.

Breakfast was outstanding. Hot entrees and lots of bread, pastry and cereal selections, plus juices, coffee, etc.

I would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue in reho K
CHARLOTTE, NC
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the first week of January 2012. It was a great stay. The hotel was very clean, safe and comfortable. My only issue was that the pools really aren't heated. The jacuzzi bubbled however it did not heat up even after 20 min or so. The breakfast was great. All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2011

What a wonderful place. Nice atmosphere. The room was very clean and laid out nicely. The continental breakfast was wonderful and the staff was very courteous. I wlll defintely go back there. Another plus--they do not take pets. Sorry to the animal lovers--but I am not one who likes sharing a hotel with animals.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Owings, Maryland
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 days while visiting our daugher and family. It is within walking distance to Cracker Barrel, Wild Wings, a movie theater and Hooters. The staff were friendly, the hotel and room were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We took our granddaughter to the indoor pool, which was small but sufficient. There was a hot tub in the pool area too. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday and were informed that the cleaning staff had the day off, which was not a problem. We look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family