“Kid loved it!!”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Kid loved it!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

All I gotta say is if my kids happy, Im happy. That fish tank they have in the lobby has some wonderful large fish in there that kept my child amused for hours and the desk clerk was very talkative and welcoming at the same time. But overall, it was a good stay with a fairly good price. Definitely recommend stopping by if you're in Aiken because it is located on the busiest road in Aiken. And it also doesn't hurt that it's surrounded by FOOD everywhere in walking distance!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rita M, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Aiken, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing us to be your host during your stay in Aiken. I am very pleased that you and your kids were happy with our service. As you mentioned, we have a great location on Whiskey Road and conveniently located near many popular dining and shopping locations.

We hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season and hope to see you during your next visit to Aiken. The fish will be waiting to see you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I come to Aiken a lot for the drag race events. I always stay here. The desk clerks give me a great deal and the rooms are always clean. The hotel is close to the drag strip too. The breakfast is mainly the basic continental breakfast. Room service is everyday unless you say don't want it and if anything is wrong, the desk clerk always is happy to help right then and there.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the second building. It's a newer building and they are all non smoking so it i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Derek S
Westminster
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Being a cigar smoker, I was thrilled to find a place in Aiken that allowed smoking in the rooms. That's where the excitement ended for me. The first thing that happened was they gave my king smoking room to someone else, so I had to settle for a double. The next day I was offered a king room but by then I was already settled in. Then I get to the room which had several spiders and a cockroach in the microwave. Then I go to the ice machine to get some ice to keep my soda cold and the ice machine was out of order. I asked the front clerk if there was any other ice in the hotel and he said no but I could drive up the road to buy a bag of ice at one of the local convenience stores, which I did. With that being stated, the only plus I can give this hotel is that I placed the do not disturb sign on my door and I was left alone for the length of my stay. Since I was there to visit my folks, I did not take advantage of the free breakfast offered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travelers are raving about these Aiken hotels