“We'd never go back!”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Calgary, Canada
“We'd never go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I went to the Masters as well and it would seem we stayed in a different hotel than the other reviewers. We booked in July 2012 and asked then for a quiet room. When we checked in I asked the same and was advised that our room was next door to the bar. Room 106 should be declared a diaster area!
When I opened the door it smelled of stale smoke. The first thing I saw was a large cockroach. The carpets were filthy as were the door frames. You could see daylight from all around the door. The microwave and fridge were smeared and dirty and the door handle to the bathroom was falling off. And all this for the price of 200.00 plus a night!!!
When I went to complain all I heard was someone else being told there was no other room so we were stuck.
The management did have entertainment outside and an open bar although the food was chips, peanuts and icky meatballs swimming in BBQ sauce. The entertainer was good but went on till 10PM which would have been fine but with the free booze some people kept the party going outside our room in the breezeway beside the pool which was never open anyway.
Breakfast was ok but in a crowded lobby. Couldn't wait to get out of there. The only good thing was that the manager did seem to be doing a lot of work and trying to deal with issues but our room was horrible no matter what.

Room Tip: Don't get room 106. It's a dive. Ask to see the rooms first. We had to prepay so were stuck.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernie G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlantic City, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My father and I stayed here for Master's Week 2013. This place exceeded our expectations! Owner and Property Manager, Nash, is "in tune" to customer needs and wants. Best of all was the "Manger's Special" which included live music, open bar, and free food on the patio the nights of Master's Week. Would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: If you like quiet, get away from the live music in the front...its a bump.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
gmaiken, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Staten Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights for a practice round of the Masters. Couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotels. Very convenient to the Masters and Columbia Airport. The staff was just terrific and very responsive. We had a problem with the fridge and it minutes it was replaced. Breakfast was good and complimentary. In the evening there was a manager's reception with free food and drinks, and live music. Needed a place that would accept pets since we travel everywhere with our yorkie. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol607
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I would highly recommend this site, whether for vacation or business! The owner and his staff is always greeting you with a smile and always courteous. In 8 years of staying at this hotel for our annual golf trip, the rooms have always been clean and furniture replaced when needed! For us, anywhere from 6 to16 guys, it's like coming home!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank carsten h
Thank you for the great review and hope to see you again
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

everybody who works here has attitude's. They do not clean the rooms good at all. the floors are disgusting ( if you were socks, they will be black by the time you take them off) . The showers look like they have not cleaned them. You would not picture a quality inn looking the way this one does as soon as you open the door your like WOW. It looks like a cheap hotel. And the people who work here, only care about getting a paycheck.

Room Tip: I advise you to go to another hotel. If you want clean rooms, and nice people
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jenna C
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Let me start off by saying the people at the front desk or very,very rude and very lazy. I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels because housekeeping did not bring us none. The lady says well your just gonna have to wait until tomorrow to get towels. LIKE REALLY!!! I then said don't you have a key, she says "oh yeah " then laughed so I finally got my towels after she got her lazy butt off the chair. Then the next day somebody had left their clothes in the washer and dryer for hours I called front desk and asked if they can remove them so I didn't have to touch them and of course front desk lady never did it so I had to remove them myself two hours later. And need I go on about the rooms the carpets are disgusting. the showers are nasty having looked like no one has cleaned them in a while. And to top this hotel off they have a bar and of course monday-saturday you can hear the music threw your wall's oh yeah and dont forget the drunks that are screaming and yelling in the parking lots!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Erin C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great staff, friendly check in every Sunday. Hot breakfast, comfortable beds, very accommodating. Free WiFi. I had one issue with the door and the manager jumped on right it. He was very helpful. Checked out the bar it was well worth it. Will be back

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank tosb
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.