“Just Okay...”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Ocala, Florida
“Just Okay...”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was torn between rating this hotel at a 2 or a 3... It's an old, outdated hotel with a very noisy atmosphere. There were many types of people loitering around the grounds and some rambunctious people outside until late hours of the night. The room was a "suite", which essentially is a couch shoved next to a partition when you first walk in, not really any bigger than an average hotel room. The carpet was old and worn and was a bit damp. The "suite" smelled clean but just felt a bit grimy overall as there was dust and crumbs on various furniture and the sink was scummy. Although the fridge and microwave are very convenient, the fridge in my room was a bit dirty. The bathroom, however, was clean and had a large jacuzzi tub, but I only used the shower. The bed was decently comfortable and the linens were clean and of good quality. There was newer art hung on the walls and the staff was indeed friendly. The price was decently low at 75.00 per night. It wasn't the most comfortable stay in the world and I would probably look elsewhere before staying again, but Aiken isn't the best place to find a decent hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank businesstraveler009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Nash was the hotel manager and owner. We had a team stay there for 4 days attending the ISA Softball World Series.

The rooms were clean, The price was the best in the area,

Good free breakfast.

Next door to Mcdonalds, across the street was a Walmart.

They also hadve a onsite rec room and lounge wich we frequented.

Room Tip: Many rooms have whirlpool tubs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Derrick B
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Super clean, comfortable, and excellent staff. First time in Aiken, the staff helped us with cabs, where to eat, made everything easy for us. Easily one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Next door to a newer McDonalds. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Bert M
Corinth, Mississippi
Reviewed May 25, 2011

After checking in and staying one night in another motel, we decided to find something more up to date and accomodating. The manager at Quality Inn & suites was very helpful and gave us rooms that were much nicer and accomodating than we experienced at the other motel. Rooms were very nice and clean, cont. breakfast was hot and fresh. I am very pleased and would recommend this motel if you want to have an enjoyable stay in Aiken. Thanks Dell.

Room Tip: Just ask for Dell.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Dan00136
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here. I like that this hotel is within walking distance to eating places, Walmart, McDonalds, gas stations, quick stop stores.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank newhomeguy
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I often stay here when I'm in town to work the staff are more than friendly and go out of their way to keep me comfortable. With the roomy rooms I often bring my wife and 2 kids and were not cramped at all. The lounge is a great place to meet others passing by, I recondmend stopping by and playing a song on the jukebox!

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank shanewaldrop
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My name is Matt and I stayed for 3 weeks here at the Quality Inn & Suites in Aiken, SC on business. From day one we were greeted by the actual owner of the hotel and continued to see him throughout our stay. We were all on a first-name basis with all of the employees here from the moment we walked into the lobby. The rooms were clean everyday upon arrival and I actually felt at ease with my belongings being left laying out in the room.. This hotel really has a good "feeling," to it. They had a great arrangement of breakfast items that were ready and warm for our team at 5:00 AM every morning, which is an hour earlier than anywhere else we had stayed. I have never written a review on a hotel, but I do read them often while picking out a place to stay for business. This is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms actually have Jacuzzis in them!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank mattsullins
gmaiken, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful review , NASH