“Better than expected”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
aiken sc
“Better than expected”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here during ice storm. Was skeptical, because Econo Lodge doesn't have a good reputation, but they have come a long way. Very nice lady at check-in and checkout. I do think the price was raised at this time, but I am not for sure. We just needed a place to stay for warmth. We were pleasantly surprised! Rooms clean, sheets and cover clean, and overall nice room. Could not tell you about the rest because the lights eventually went out and we were back at square one! So we decided to freeze at home. I wish we were given a discount or something because of the outage. We stayed for 5 hours before the lights and heat went out, which I know it couldn't be helped, but it would have been nice to maybe even been offered a free night or discount on our next stay. Overall, I would stay again. It is convenient to shopping and restaurants. And service was good!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
york sc
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is in a bad neighborhood scary place! We landed there at 2 am after staying at the hospital with a terminal I'll friend. Check guy took forever to check us in. I paid cash so I wouldn't have to give him my credit card. The first room he gave us had recently been occupied. The bed was slept in the room was a mess. The 2nd room around back had a dark parking lot with a bunch of men drinking beer. We parked around front. The room was so gross. I was afraid to touch the shower curtain or any thing else! Very 2nd section of town too. Ended up at the Hampton inn for the 2 nd night!

Room Tip: Go to Hampton Inn Whiskey road! Do not stay here!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine W

Travelers are raving about these Aiken hotels

Linden, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times, the first 2 were fine but my last stay after new owners have taken over was a freaking nightmare !! There is no pool no lobby or tropical bar!! After unpacking and getting ready to leave to visit my daughter at school we found out that our door didn't lock so we had to move rooms , then the next morning while I was warming up my shower the shower head came off twice and flooded the bathroom, there is also no cover on the rusted light fixture in the bathroom and all the towel racks are totally rusted. Then after a day of shopping and sight seeing we went back to our room only to find that our key card didn't work almost making us late to see my daughters game. The owners offered no compensation or even so much as an apology. I have pictures of the disgusting bathroom and from now on we will be staying at the Quality Inn a block away !!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel !!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank v t
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of being checked in by the owner and his wife. They were both friendly and the check in was speedy. The room was nice and spacious. We loved the decor. As someone who works in the hotel business good service and a clean room went a long way in my boo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Point Pleasant, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Econo Lodge was such a great motel! very nice tropical rooms that mad you feel like you were in Florida and i loved the bar room and the big quiet pool that your could relax with family. lastly the staff was very nice and the breakfast was great. if you are ever going to be in Aiken,SC make sure your go to Econo lodge with such affordable rates!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2012

we got bit, I had at least 8 red bites on me. I knew it was too good to be true, my luck ran out on the 'sweet deal and great hotel'. We went back down the road to the Quality Inn, the only thing there that bites is the mean girl that works the lounge at night.

Room Tip: smells good but bites
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vangoat
Lihue, Hawaii
Reviewed April 11, 2012

You will enjoy the service and overall experience of this hotel. Clean rooms, good service and a relative fair price for the area during Masters Week.

Room Tip: Avoid the mess of Augusta and stay where people really care about taking care of your needs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business