“Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Aiken B&B and Inns
Springfield, Illinois
“Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed March 15, 2007

This is a cute bed and breakfast. I stayed in room 11, which faces the main road. If you are not used to street noise, you may find this distracting to your sleep pattern. However, the bed was clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was incredible. And, even though I am not a coffee drinker usually, I found the coffee to be incredibly smooth and I could not get enough.

The room overall was clean, but there was a bit of dust behind some of the end tables. I did wish that I had control over the temperature as another reviewer noted. One night the room was a bit cold and the other a bit hot.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The downtown area is very nice with interesting shops to visit.

• Liked — Tasty and unique breakfast
  • Disliked — Street Noise
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ribar1en

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed May 30, 2006

I recently stayed at the Carriage House Inn and had a wonderful experience! The staff was so helpful at reccommending places around town to visit. I had a wonderful breakfast and my room was very comfortable. The decor of the inn was excellent with antiques in every room. I am looking forward to my next trip to Aiken to stay at the Carriage House Inn again. I travel quite a bit and my stay at the Carriage House Inn was very refreshing. The southern hospitality of the staff and the excellent downtown location make this a place that I can't wait to go back to.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 25, 2006

We stayed in a wonderful jacuzzi suite located upstairs the Inn. Our bed was so comfortable we never wanted to get up! The room was beautiful, the bathroom was great with a double whirlpool Jacuzzi tub and we had a wonderful back porch that overlooked a fountained courtyard. Before we left, we toured other rooms for future trips and they all appeared as wonderful as ours. Also, every staff member we met was so friendly and helpful. Another great aspect of the Inn is, it is located in on the main street, downtown Aiken. We walked to the local restaurants, shopped, antiqued and explored Aiken! What a great town! We loved the Inn, enjoyed the staff, slept soundly and comfortably in our room and can't wait to go back! We highly recommend the Carriage House Inn!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 4, 2006

We stayed in a very small room upstairs. A straightback chair in the room was so old, (not antique) you felt it would fall apart if you sat on it. The room temperature was around 80 degrees. The AC was controlled in another guest room, and the ac cover was locked. (The one unit controlled several rooms.) After much debate with the clerk who was preoccupied discussing her upcoming wedding with three of her attendants, she adjusted the temperature down by about four degrees. The temperature was warmer than we liked, but we have been to places with no AC, so what can I say. We slept in a "feather bed." The feathers came through the sheet like little sharp objects all night long. I kept pulling feathers out during the night. Not a comfortable night. The room had a 12" TV. If you go you might want to be sure to bring shampoo. The positive part of the stay was a lady named Jackie who prepared breakfast. She was nice and served a satisfactory breakfast.

Stayed April 2006