“Quaint Inn with a Wonderful Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carriage House Inn

Carriage House Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Aiken B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Quaint Inn with a Wonderful Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the Carriage House inn for two days and it was just delightful. The rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques, and are very roomy. The breakfast is just incredible, and the women who made the terrific meal were friendly and helpful. The Inn is located in the downtown area, and there are many wonderful shops and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Carriage House Inn is the perfect place for quiet relaxation. The staff are friendly and welcoming in a kind and sincere way. I first stayed alone for two days then two months later with my family. When alone, I stayed in room 16 that was lovely and very clean. The staff effortlessly accommodated my work schedule that I'm sure had me in my room when they otherwise would be cleaning it. The location is perfect for walking to the best shops and restaurants in town. For my second visit we chose a much larger suite behind the main inn that was perfect for our family of four. Again, the staff were wonderful. I'm not sure if it is the contrast from typically staying in business hotels or the southern hospitality, but this Inn is special. I would highly recommend staying at The Carriage House if traveling to Aiken.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Carriage Inn definitely added to our love of Aiken. The staff were warm and friendly, going out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The inn was very inviting and our room was perfect. We stayed in room 23 which had a cute screened porch. We sat there for hours in the evening sipping our wine and enjoying the fresh air. Breakfast was very good each morning, especially the blueberry pound cake. The location of the inn made it perfect for strolling the streets downtown to check out the shops. Our stay was absolutely delightful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tewksbury, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at the Carriage House Inn for a week in October while in the area on business. What a great place! The main entrance and dining room was very welcoming. I had a very quiet room in the back of the property. Walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and bars in the downtown area. We was out the door before breakfast was served, but the nice women preparing for the breakfast offered many times to make me something.

I will definitely stay here whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We just spent 2 wonderful days at the Carriage House Inn. The room was lovely, the bed comfortable, the staff was friendly and the breakfasts were so delicious. I wish I had the recipe for the grits!!!! It was very clean and updated. We enjoyed the large jacuzzi and spacious rooms. The location was great. Walk out the front door and you can enjoy a nice stroll downtown to nice shops or to get a cup of coffee across the street. Mostly we enjoyed the quiet the Inn afforded us. We would recommend this Inn to others and will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the Inn are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

While the Inn is nice it needs work. The uncomfortable bed was greeted by okay breakfasts. Worse the WiFi failed to keep connection in the room (at top of stairs). Rates are higher than they should be and street noise too loud (at top of stairs). Interesting place but...

Room Tip: Avoid room at top of stairs too noisy, uncomfortable bed and WiFi is horrible
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CHIAiken_SC, Manager at Carriage House Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your trip to the Carriage House Inn. I am sorry that you had difficulty with your internet connection. We have plans for many upgrades in 2013 and our internet connections in the rooms are on our list. The weekend you visited we had a large group staying at the Inn and I am sorry if the noise level was higher than normal. Once again, thank you for staying with us. It was an honor to have you as our guest.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

When traveling with the wife to visit her former homeland, Aiken SC I had the opportunity to stay at The Carriage House Inn for a couple nights in the middle of downtown Aiken. From what i understand the place is an old property converted to a B&B. The staff was nice, rooms decent, and location awesome! Exactly what I had in mind when thinking of what a Deep South B&B would be like in a charming town. The only inconvenience was that during check out I was in a hurry and the attendant at the desk was on the phone for a while but this was so minor it really did not factor in on my opinion of the place. If I find myself staying in Aiken again I will be going straight back to The Carriage House.

• Stayed April 2013