“Excellent place to stay at on pleasure or business”

Country Inn & Suites Aiken
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Dayton Tn.
“Excellent place to stay at on pleasure or business”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than once an have been more than pleased every time. One of my stays was for two months on business the others pleasure. A top rate hotel! The staff very friendly an professoinal. The breakfest were the best I have seen at a hotel. The room service was as good as it gets a great group of people.

• Stayed October 2013
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations with our breakfast, guest service, and housekeeping departments!

We are always pleased when our guests return and especially on extended stays!

Thank you for choosing Country Inn & Suites as your "home away from home" and we look forward to having you return next time!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Country Inn & Suites in Aiken, SC is by far the best hotel I have stayed in. The room is very clean, the bathroom is like being at home. I enjoy the fresh hot breakfast every morning at 5 am, even though they say it is at 6:30. The staff is very friendly, and they have a very nice event on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, that is if you enjoy conversation with other guest. Free beer, wine, soda, chips, peanuts from 5 pm to 7 pm. I have now been staying here for 3 weeks going home on the weekends, i have asked to keep the same room each week, and every Monday night they have my same room ready for me. I am looking forward to the next 6-8 months staying with them. Tehy have clean laundry room, exercise facitlity, and even though it's not swimming weather the pool looks clean. i would recommend this Hotel to everyone visting Aiken and surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review and taking the time to share your experience with everyone on Tripadvisor!

We are pleased to know that our staff is going above and your expectations, especially with regard to the cleanliness of the hotel!! As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are glad that we can provide you with this hot meal before beginning your day. Tuesday and Wednesday are our favorite evenings of the week at Country Inn & Suites as it gives us the opportunity to get to know each of our guests on a "first named" basis and we enjoy this personal relationship that we are able to establish.

We look forward to having you with us for the next several months and greatly appreciate your choosing to call Country Inn & Suites your home away from home!
Goode, Virginia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Country Inn & Suites in Aiken SC was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was very nice and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have seen at any of the hotels I have stayed. The offered fresh baked cookies every night and a coffee & hot chocolate station all day (which also included tea bags) For the morning on the way out there was fresh fruit and oatmeal raisin bars for you to take with you in a baggy which they supplied for you to fill. It is somewhat isolated which was really nice for the quietness at night. We did not use the pool as it was already closed for the season but it looked nice. I would recommend this hotel and most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay. We hope the next time you visit Aiken, perhaps it will be in the spring or summer so that you can enjoy our outdoor swimming pool, as well.

Thank you for keeping us in the forefront of your mind for recommendations to others visiting our lovely community and we look forward to your return to Country Inn & Suites in Aiken!!
Seattle
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Due to my error leaving Seattle, WA on 10/22 I had inadvertently indicated that reservations were required from 10/22 thru 1/29, we did not leave WA until 11:00 pm on the 22nd and arrived in Aiken in the afternoon of the 23rd. Even though the prepaid contract stated NO REFUNDs for cancellations or other reasons I feel it is only good customer relations to refund at least a part of the unused day as the hotel parking lot looked pratically deserted on the 23 rd so the probability that potential patrons were turned away is unlikely and the hotel cleaning staff did nor entail work. Hence, I will not frequent Country Inns again even though this location was clean,the staff very polite, and the patrons quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that you experienced these issues. Unfortunately when guests make reservations through a "third party vendor" the refund policy is dealt with directly through the third party and not the hotel. If you reserve directly with the hotel, we have the ability to refund any or all determined applicable monies but when the reservations are made with an outside source, we are unable to refund any to the guest. If there is a refund deemed necessary, it is made to the vendor and the vendor refunds the guest.

With regard to the guest service and the cleanliness of the hotel, we are pleased that we excelled your expectations.

Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all reviews!!!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a wonderful experience I had!!! From the reservation made to the check in to check out! Top-Notch Staff and Clean Clean Clean hotel!! Will stay again!!! I have friends that live in Aiken and knowing that there is nice, affordable, clean hotel in town makes me want to visit quite often now. I can not stay with my friends as I am allergic to cats. I will definitely be rebooking and soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests especially when they have such an enjoyable time with us.

It is always nice to learn that our staff is excelling in their departments and this feedback will certainly be passed along to our guest service and housekeeping staff.

Again, we appreciate your choosing Country Inn & Suites of Aiken, SC and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights with family. There were four adults, including one snorer, so I was happy to be able to book a one bedroom suite that had a sofa bed in its own separate room for said snorer. :) That's not often something you can find, so I was pleased they had at at this hotel at a very reasonable rate.

The suite's a little tight for four adults-- both rooms are pretty tiny, as is the bathroom. But mostly you're just there to sleep right? And the place was clean, which I was happy about, and I had no problems with the shower/tub, towels, hairdryer, iron/ironing board. Saw no bugs. Beds were very comfortable (including the sofa bed, I'm told.)

Complementary breakfast is standard, but good-- oatmeal, bread/bagels, cereals, a waffle maker, yogurts and some juices. Be forewarned that it ends at 9:30 though, not 10, which is what I'm used to, and I went hungry my first morning when I showed up at 9:40 hoping to grab a last minute bite!

Fitness center is small (only has one treadmill!) but luckily it was just me. Didn't use pool, but it also looked smaller than I thought it would be based on the pictures!

Lastly-- as a "free cookie" junkie, I'm sorry to report that the free cookies at the front desk were TERRIBLE. Don't even waste the calories!

All in all I'd stay here again, esp. if I wanted two rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay overall and we look forward to welcoming you back to Country Inn & Suites the next time you are in Aiken!
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My mother and sister live in Aiken, so I visit often. I've always stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and always loved it. I've written rave reviews. This time it had deteriorated. It's been about a year since my last stay and since that time, it's unfortunately gone downhill. The first thing I noticed was that the grounds, which used to be manicured and contain lovely flowers, were not maintained the way they used to be. The bushes were overgrown, the weeds were growing, and the flowers were gone.

We had a suite on the first floor that we've stayed in previously. The suite was looking very shabby, with an old microwave and refrigerator barely holding together. There was a bottle cap on the carpet in the middle of the living room area and blood all over the inside bathroom door (I had to clean it with wipes and then wash my hands well!). At first I thought it might be red nail polish, but when it came off with a wipe, I knew it was blood. The duvet cover looked shabby and not too clean. All in all, I felt like I had to keep washing my hands the whole time I was there.

On Saturday, we stayed in our room with a do not disturb sign until around 11:45 a.m. When we returned at 4:00 p.m. and found the room not made up, I was told the cleaning staff went home at noon. They gladly provided clean towels and cups at the desk, but it seemed a little odd to have no cleaning staff all afternoon.

I had loved this place so much that it's hard for me to give it such a harsh review -- but it ain't what it used to be!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate the feedback from our guests as we would not know what improvements are needed without this valuable information.

Though we are terribly sorry that we did not deliver to your expectations, we have had the mulch newly replaced and the grounds have been manicured since your departure.

We have addressed your other issues with our housekeeping department and we are confident that improvements will be made as a result of your comments.

Thank you again and PLEASE consider returning to Country Inn & Suites, Aiken in the future so that we can show you how your comments are put into action.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2014.