“Don't forget your electronic devises! cleaning people steal..” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites Aiken

Country Inn & Suites Aiken
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't forget your electronic devises! cleaning people steal..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel cleaning staff steals things when cleaning up your room. My daughter left her Kindle there and called the next day and of course it was not in the room. If they even looked! There's a reason why hotels say they aren't responsible for items left in the room or for you NOT to leave valuables in yr room. Because they NEVER turn them in to the front desk. With that clause they don't have to. I have disabled her kindle so the jerk can never use it!! I hope they choke on it. A hard, expensive lesson learned I guess. Will never stay here again or ever take anything valuable with us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CIS-Aiken, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we apologize we could not locate your Kindle. As I stated before we will continue to look for your Kindle and if we do recover it we will be sure to get it shipped to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was a very comfortable experience. The room was clean and quiet. A minor suggestion is to invest in sheets that are of a higher quality. The front desk staff and breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful. For the price per night, this is the place to go in Aiken.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here when it first opened in 2007; my sister had her family here while in town for her wedding. The rooms then were new, clean and fresh. I stayed here in October and although the room was clean, it appears that they've had water damage they haven't quite cleared out. My room smelled like damp water, but since it was one night and I was here on business, I can bear it.

Everything else was good; the staff were very nice, pleasant and accommodating, I think that was the one thing I enjoyed about my stay here. It was good to get a fresh cup of coffee before departing in the still dark morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel was clean and had what most three star hotels have... staff was very nice. The pool is very small and the beds very soft. If you like a firm bed, I'd recommend another hotel... if the soft bed does not bother you, the hotel is fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to give a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that our pool size and mattresses were not to your liking, but I do hope everything else was a pleasant experience for you.
West Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was my first time staying in a Country Inn & Suites. I was NOT disappointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Lisa at the front desk checked us in-she was great! Our room was nice-very comfortable bed with a big bathroom. The lobby area is beautiful and home-like. The breakfast was wonderful!!! The grounds are immaculate and the parking lot is large. The hotel is in a great location and its easy to exit and enter. I cant say enough good things about my stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the good review. We hope to see you again in the future!
williamsburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is one of a kind. From the front desk staff (Gina was awesome) to the breakfast room staff, maintenance and housekeeping.
We recently spent 4 nights in this hotel for a baseball tournament. We were there with families of 12 year old boys. The staff was so accommodating above and beyond the required amenities. We used the outdoor grill and gathered at the outdoor tables in the evening, used the breakfast room for meetings and had our boys hang out in the pool area to cool off in the heat of the afternoon. The front desk staff was more than helpful, they even ordered pizza for us all. The gave us restaurant suggestions which were outstanding...don't miss Dukes! We had an issue with our airconditioner and it was fixed in less than 2 hours. The Breakfast was outstanding. They supplied enough food for 13 twelve year old boys and their familes without running low. As soon as one item was running low, they would restock it. The housekeeping staff was wonderful as our rooms were meticulous!. I cannot say enough about every department of this hotel. I certainly hope we get to play baseball again in Aiken just so we can stop and see our friends at the County Inn & Suites. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We definitely hope to see you and your team again in the future!
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I've stayed at lots of Country Inn & Suites hotels, and this is one of the best maintained. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms clean and comfortable. But the best is the breakfast room. Sara runs the breakfast room as if she were the captain of a ship. Nothing gets by her. She makes sure no one runs out of anything, the tables are cleaned as soon as they're vacated, the trash is emptied so that it's never overflowing -- and her bacon, if you're lucky to be there on a bacon morning, is crisp, lean and delicious. On top of all that, she's a delightful woman who always has a smile and a welcome for the guests.

The rest of the staff are also great people -- you will feel welcome and cared for at the Aiken Country Inn & Suites. We stay there often because my mother and sister live in Aiken. I've never once been disappointed. The hotel sits on a quiet property with no other hotels nearby -- you aren't on "motel row" at this hotel. The front porch is a wonderful place to sit and rock and take in an evening breeze. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!