“A wonderful place and a rare jewel compared to other Inns/Hotels”

The Inn at Houndslake
Ranked #2 of 7 Aiken B&B and Inns
Wantagh, New York
“A wonderful place and a rare jewel compared to other Inns/Hotels”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was a long term business client staying at The Guest House from January of 2012 until June of 2012. Your hotel was wonderful. The owners and staff were excellent, professional and very friendly. They made me feel at home the entire time. The nicest people I had the pleasure to live with. The accommodations and amenities were top notch. From the great continental breakfast everyday and the variety of cookies awaiting you every night to the pool plus the use of the golf course. The grounds are beautiful and you truly feel like you are staying more at a family run B&B/Inn or a resort. The beautiful area of Aiken SC had all the shops and restaurants and charm of the South. My room was always immaculately cleaned and the new flat screen TVs was a nice touch. The single biggest complement I have for this Inn is the staff. They made the entire stay wonderful. Sharing a Super bowl party with them, regular mixers and other events plus the day to day friendship are an aspect of a hotel that doesn’t see communicated in feedback polls. A wonderful group of people running the hotel and it shows. Anything I needed they were there to help. It was difficult to leave and say good bye to my new friends. A staff like this is a rare jewel in hotels today and they deserve the kudos for making me feel welcomed and taken care of for six months. The owners are great folks who will work hard to ensure your stay is wonderful.

I would recommend The Guest House at Houndslake to anyone heading down to SC for golfing, equine activities or business if you are working at the SRS facility.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jsicuran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kentucky
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were enchanted by the setting of this charming Inn on the grounds of Houndslake Country Club. Our spacious room looked directly out on the golf course which is just 45 minutes from Augusta and shares the same gentle rolling hills, pine tree and azalea natural landscape as its more famous neighbor. The inn caters to golfers, tourists and extended stay guests from all over the world who are working in Aiken. The room cost is excellent value-- you are not paying for extras like room service, restaurant or workout facilities which are not offered. A large and lovely pool in front is perfect for lap swimming and general lounging. The very comfy bed gave us good nights sleep even for husband with tricky back Sheets were high count and pillow was plush The most delicious cookies are served at 4pm in the lobby. Downtown Aiken has loads of southern charm and several good restaurants-- we especially enjoyed the steak house which has a more varied and sophsticated menu than just steak Best of all for us our golden retriever was warmly welcomed and he enjoyed daily walks on the nature trail down to the lake. The staff is unfailingly polite and friendly--what you would hope to find in South Carolina hospitality. A good time was had by all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank panam67
Kanata
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed at the Guest House during the Masters. Very friendly staff and well maintained facility. Treated like family by the owner and her family. Hope to go back for a golf vacation there soon.
Food facility at golf club house was a welcomed added feature.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tony D
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Found this guest house last summer when most hotels were booked up in Aiken due to a Basketball Exhibition in Augusta, GA (About 20 miles away). As a guest you also have access to all of Houndslake Country Clubb's facilities, outdoor pool, in season of course, tennis courts and golf course, You also have acces to the club's dining room and the nightly specials such as Twilight Dining $25 for two and happy hour drinks - very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the golf course. Like rooms with two queen beds the best.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jw248
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I was very pleased that my company booked me at the Houndslake Guest house when I started my new job here. I stayed at the Houndslake Guesthouse for 45 comfortable days. It was a wonderful retreat when I left a very busy day to go 'home' to the Guesthouse, be greeted by the professional staff, and take a calming walk around the Guesthouse grounds and Houndslake golf course. Every morning I had my coffee and breakfast (cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit) which got me started on the right track--and every every evening I would be welcomed back again to my comfortable room. Rooms are beautifully furnished and met my every need (coffee, internet, microwave, fridge!!). Very conveniently located to everything. With workout room, golf priviledges, and country club dining available, the Guesthouse provides excellent extras. I always felt very lucky to have had this terrific experience to start me in my new city. Several group events were going on while I was there and I felt that staff was able to accommodate both me as one person and the big groups with a high level of needed attention. I Would definitely recommend the Guesthouse as THE place to stay when you come to Aiken--for business, pleasure or your own golf tournament.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CBJ_12
Aiken,SC
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a wonderfull inn/hotel. Very much an "upscale" experience, but not much more expensive than the average chain hotels. Very friendly, accomodating staff. No switchboards or national phone centers to contend with. Nice continental breakfast. Beautiful "country club" setting - right in the middle of Houndslake CC. Well maintained, quiet, large rooms, free cookies, I felt right at home.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephrn H
South Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at the Guesthouse at Houndslake during the first week of December, 2011. I frequent the Aiken area and somehow I didn't know this place existed until I ran across it on TA. The place is great if you want a super clean, super quiet, reasonably priced place to stay in Aiken. I got a standard king room. The bed was very confortable and the linens (very important in my opinion) were excellent by hotel standards. The view was an incredible look at the 18th green of the country club golf course. I cannot wait to stay during the summer when the days will be long enough and warm enough to take advantage of the club privilages (you get these when you stay at the guesthouse). Tennis courts, nice looking pool, and 27 holes of golf are right outside the door. The staff were very friendly and engaging. A contenental breakfast is complementary and while it is nothing special, it is fresh and served with real glasses, plates, and silverware. Its difficult to explain how nice it is to return to this place (vs the standard fare hotel) at the end of a long day at work. So inviting even before you park your car.

I will be back over and over again. Can't wait to do some business in Aiken once summer arrives.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business