“Very Nice Experience Here”

The Willcox Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub, New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We met up with friends for Dinner in their restaurant just off the lobby. Our server, Henry was wonderful and very personable. I had the lamb "t-bone" - it was smaller than I expected, but delish and the "smoked potatoes" side was amazing. My wife and friends loved their beef filets. The Pig's Ears appetizer is a MUST HAVE. Sounds gross, but it's crispy slivers over lettuce. The wines are reasonably priced and they have a pretty wide selection.

1  Thank PanAm007
There are newer reviews for The Willcox Restaurant

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am sorry to say it was miserable but it was!!I First of all I was seated at the back of the room facing a hudge blank wall for almost two hours!!!!The waiter was horrible acted like he was being mistreated by waiting on us.It was 55 minues before our food got to us,and It was not good mine looked like a heated up left over.The taste was not outstanding either.No refills on tea or water.People that arrived after us were served and left before we even recieved our meals.
It you want this kind of treatment go there by almeans.
I know food ,I know how a resturant should be.Worst experience of my life!!!!!!!

2  Thank Billie H
Willcox1898, Owner at The Willcox Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I am writing this letter on behalf of everyone at The Willcox and would like to extend a warm thank you for choosing to dine with us. At The Restaurant, we are committed to operating a casual and accommodating restaurant that serves only the highest quality food with personalized service. This is why your voice and opinion is so important to us.

I am concerned that your experience at The Restaurant was not positive and would like to get some more information so that we can make the necessary corrections. The lack of quality in the food and service that was provided to you was inexcusable and certainly not how we like to do things around here. We pride ourselves on the quality of food and service that we deliver and hope that you will give us the chance to restore your confidence in us. Please call at your convenience so that we may discuss this further and invite you back so that your next experience lives up to our standards and your expectations.

Please call 803-648-1898 and ask to speak with Geoff. We hope in the future you continue to dine at The Restaurant at The Willcox and we look forward to serving you.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from lunch with a girlfriend at the Wilcox. To be short and sweet, it IS beautiful! There the good ends. We were there one hour before appetizers were served. Our waiter was rude, to put it mildly, he seemed very distracted/confused. The restaurant was not overly full. Our food was almost unedible, and not plated in an attractive manner at all. After reading the positive reviews I am completely baffled at the dreadful food and rude attitude we received. Will NOT be returning. There are too many other lovely places to dine in Aiken. If you choose to dine there, do so at your own risk.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The restaurant is on the small side so make reservations for brunch and dinner. The service and food is wonderful. Great for special occasions or just a night out. They also have a bar and lounge area, if your waiting for a table or just want to get a drink.

1  Thank ande070806
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Willcox is an historic boutique hotel with an abundant history and the restaurant fully complements the ambiance and character of the property. I ordered the lamb chops as an appetizer and soon 3 lollipop chops arrived seasoned wonderfully and done exactly as ordered. In fact, they were so good, I ordered 3 more as my entree! The service was impeccable and it was quiet even though the dining room was nearly full. The wine list is respectable with several moderately priced bottles. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank ToodieFoodie

Been to The Willcox Restaurant? Share your experiences!