“A little dated hotel, but clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken

Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Ontario
“A little dated hotel, but clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here recently for a week, on business. The hotel is a little dated but it is clean. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast area is large and bright and the selection for breakfast is your typical selection - but again, items are fresh.

Fitness centre is small but has an elliptical, a bike, a treadmill and weights.

Across the street there is an Applebee's and not far down the road, a few other restaurants. Across the street is a really nice grocery store - the Fresh Market, with great fresh food options and take out food options.

One entrance to the Hitchcock Woods is across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MScott1248, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a great location which is convenient to many restaurants and grocery stores. We are also happy to announce that we will be completely renovating this hotel in 2015. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night. They had a hot breakfast and the customer service was great. This chain is better for shorter stays or stays without the family. Overall we had a good stay at this hotel. And would stay again if I was traveling on my own.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to having you back in the future. Safe travels!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Having stayed in two other hotels in the area - another Marriott and a Hilton, we found this the absolute best. The staff is extremely friendly, the lobby and breakfast area immaculate and well stocked, and the rooms bright, cheerful, and clean. The beds are comfortable and each room has internet and refrigerator. The breakfasts offer fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, etc. Really, what more could one ask for? We have booked two more trips to stay there. Cynthia Green, the front desk manager is a gem and extremely helpful in booking further stays. As we go to Aiken quite often, we are delighted that we have found our place to stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seasondtrvlr
ffi_agsfs_gm, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoy your stay with us and happy that you will be returning for more visits in the future. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

From the moment I set foot in this hotel, it was a freaking nightmare. At check in, Pauline or (Paulette) the clerk was not very friendly or hospitable. First she had a problem with my government rate, wasn't sure if I should use or not. Stepped over to the other clerk to discuss, came back over asked for my card, gave me my room key & said elevator on the left. Didn't ask how would I like to pay, tell me if my rate would change, or tell me what room I was in or say have a nice day. Nothing. So to say I wasn't impressed is an understatement. Next day, after returning to room, pulled back my covers which I knew had makeup stains, and they were the same sheets. Called to the front desk, and my friend Pauline answered & I told her my problem. She stated housekeeping doesn't change the sheets everyday. Really? Since I came in on yesterday, they wouldn't have touched them. I told her they did touch them, they made up the bed. If I could see they were stained, then they saw it & should've changed them. I had to ask for some more sheets. She said you will have to come get them because I am here by myself. So now I have to change & make up my bed????!!!!!! And my towels weren't replenished. After getting home today, check my account & see that I was charged about $50 more than I should have. So once again, I have to deal with them again, so I call & was told since I used a debit card, they always take out more & it should credit my account by Wednesday. I asked who is they, Fairfield? And she says yes. I travel a lot & use my debit card all the time & no one charges me more than they should without telling me first!!! If I know I have to have a hold due to incidentals, ok. I know this ahead of time. Needless to say, I travel to Aiken every year, and I will not be returning to this Fairfield ever again or recommending it to anyone. The lack of customer service is really what turned me off!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shavett
Our staff takes great pride in creating a pleasant atmosphere for our guests and I am truly sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience on your visit to Aiken.
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Like so many in Aiken, we needed shelter with power after the ice storm. Special thanks to Paulette, Cynthia at Front Desk, Maxine at Maid Service, and Mark at Breakfast Service, each of whom were a DELIGHT to be around. The staff and this hotel are bothfirst class and the hotel is extremely well run. Nigel, Washington DC

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nogilvie
Thank you for your nice comment about your visit to our hotel. Our staff definitely aims to please. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
University Park, Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Fairfield Inn & Suites on Aiken's Colony Parkway was gets five stars and high-fives. An ice storm had devastated the region days before, and the patrons -- including me -- were grumpy, dirty, and impatient. But not for long, because the staff's eagerness to solve anyone's problems and create a comfortable environment put a smile on everybody's face.
Each staff member went the extra mile to make things right for guests. Cynthia Green, the front office manager, listened carefully to each concern before she set about righting it, and she bent over backwards to fulfill requests. Mark Forest, who worked his tail off at each breakfast, greeted each guest with a heartfelt greeting and a warm, positive attitude. Anything complaint, no matter how outlandish, he took seriously and did his best to right.
I highly recommend this hotel because its staff is exceptional. They work hard to creatively solve clients' needs, especially in the post-crisis situation in which my husband and I found ourselves. The employees' good-natured willingness to cater to people was not lost on me or my husband. Like us, a lot of the other guests there found their stay here not only pleasant, but fun! Thank you Fairfield Marriott.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a great review. Our hotel takes great pride in creating a friendly and happy atmosphere. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in the midst of a crisis and hope that you will stay with us again in the future under better circumstances.
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

A group of us were trapped in the hotel because of a recent ice storm. I have to say that the hotel staff went beyond their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Cynthia at the front desk was fantastic and the guy in charge of setting up breakfast "McGyvered" his way into preparing breakfast and coffee without power in the hotel. I would definitely recommend the hotel for their outstanding customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for commenting on our hotel. Although, we dislike that you were trapped by an ice storm, we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff takes great pride with making our guests as comfortable as possible-even with a power outage. Please come back and visit again soon.