“Growing pains”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #22 of 181 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just opened a few months ago and hasn't quite got there. OK for breakfast, but dinner is still hit and miss.

1  Thank RevRev65

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I've been to lots of Cracker Barrels, as my husband and I take quite a few road trips, and the food is usually consistently good, but I have to say I was very disappointed in this one. The restaurant was crowded when we went for brunch, but not unusually so. It took maybe 5 minutes to be seated. However, it took almost 40 minutes for us to get our brunch. My husband ordered a breakfast sampler plate and I ordered a yogurt parfait and muffin. There were quite a few servers running around, so I don't think they were understaffed. Different waiters kept coming by and assuring us that our food would be "right out." Finally, the manager came over and told us that they were putting the "finishing touches" on our meal. Those touches must have been to let the food get cold. My husband's bacon was cold and rubbery, as was his ham. His grits looked more like grit soup, and he took one bite and left the rest. You would think that there was no way to mess up a yogurt parfait and muffin, but my muffin was cold and the blueberries tasted like they were overripe. I would like to say that maybe they were having a bad night, but I later spoke to a co-worker who said he also had a bad experience and unsatisfying meal there. Unfortunately, as much as I was looking forward to having a Cracker Barrel in Aiken, I won't be back. The IHOP across the street has much better breakfast food and service.

2  Thank Seachelle17
Reviewed March 11, 2012

What can you say about Cracker Barrel?! It's always good and always a good value. We finally got one in my home town and I've been for breakfast and dinner already. Mmmm mmmm mmmm good food! Love this place!

1  Thank sarah711
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My son was in town from college for the weekend. I thought let me finally get a chance to eat hhere. OMG. They have great breakfast as always! Rarely can you get into Crackel Barrel without a wait. However, the wait was not to bad.
We had a few different items on the menu and boy were they all great. Even though the place was packed, the management somehow had staff that wen't around to make sure our water coffe or juice our complete meal.All the staff was friendly and the meal came out in a timely manner.
My waitress made great rotations to make sure we had what we needed throughout our meal. Other staff memebers would check on us as well if it seemed like we needed something extra.
While waiting in the lobby the cashiner staff also made sure we didn't have any needs in terms of purchasing gifts. This is a great addition to the Aiken area.

1  Thank thedivapreacher