“A Disappointing Dive”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Drove by this bar/restaurant many times - actually the sign in front says Wisteria Manor - no sign saying Harry's. The only way I knew was by the credit card receipt. First we ordered drinks - thought that this would certainly be a place that pours a decent drink, not so. A small glass filled with so much ice, one really could not distinquish the taste of the liquor.

A pleasant young lady took our order, we both had fish. It was average, nothing special or distinctive.

Another reviewer said she thoought everyone who worked there was related, got that picture also. Thought that this was going to be one of those "neat" places they visit on the popular TV show, but no, has a ways to go before they will be camera ready!

1  Thank queen231c

Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you stomach can stand all the grease and the kitchen sights then this is for you. A local dive that does attract lots of customers but greasy it is

2  Thank RichardAikenSC
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Be sure you go with a group to this place. Most of the draw to this restaurant is the atmosphere. It is in an old bar and I think everyone who works there is related. Most of my friends rave about the Prime Rib. I eat mine rare and they told me it was not possible to get it cooked rare. The Prime Rib is average at best if you want it rare. Stick to the seafood.

1  Thank busymom20072007
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Do not be fooled by outward appearances! Harry's is a dive but has the best wings in town! Also their scallops, shrimp, and haddock are yummy. We took my mom there and she wanted to go back two nights later! The crab legs looked good, too, but have not tried them.

We order the wings, extra crispy, shaken in sauce. They are delicious, the most like what I used to from the Buffalo area. Most things come with a side of fries.

I had the grilled shrimp and they were SOOOO good. Perfectly grilled and seasoned. I would definitely order them again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This restaurant/bar is not much to look at both interior and exterior. Regulars sit at the bar and drink beer. Service is friendly and the place is CLEAN. Scallops and seafood plates are very good. The atmosphere is truly garage-like but the food and drinks are great.

1  Thank AbbottRetiree

Been to Harry's Local Bar? Share your experiences!