“Neither Italian nor Good Food”
Review of Casa Bella

Casa Bella
Ranked #9 of 181 Restaurants in Aiken
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

All I can say is wow was that an incredibly expensive and terrible experience. I have been cooking Italian food for years and have spent a considerable amount of time in Italy eating real Italian food and this place probably the worst I have ever experienced. I probably would have been okay with the outlandish interpretations of Italian classics if the prices had not been so exorbitantly high. Restaurant owners, I would rather have you keep your soup or salad and serve real food that takes time to prepare and is not some adulteration of food that has been prepared the same way for years and charge me the same amount of money. Anyone who thinks this is real Italian food needs to get out just a little more. I would rather experience corporate monotony than this nonsense. To all readers of this review, consider your options. Aiken has many great dining experiences to offer and none of them need to be this expensive nor this off base. The one good thing I can say is that the service was above average.

5  Thank YankeeFoodie

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our friends from NJ were visiting so we went to our favorite restaurant in Aiken for New Year's Eve dinner. We have been to Casa Bella a number of times since moving to Aiken and have not been disappointed. We have always enjoyed the food here, everything is so fresh and delicious. We started with the mussels and could have ended there since the bread is so good dipped in the sauce! We had the special sea bass and it was great! The atmosphere was lovely, decorated for the holidays and they provided hats and tiaras, nice touch. We always enjoy eating here and were pleased that our friends from NJ liked it very much also.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The veal is always a good choice and my husband loves the eggplant. The bread with roasted garlic and olive oil is wonderful. And I tried a new menu addition on my last visit - lobster ravioli. This dish was full of lobster and very rich, which didn't leave room for desert. The evening with friends in the lovely dining room with fireplace with good food and wine was worth the visit.

1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Aiken has a surprising number of good restaurants . This is the best . We have a multitude of fine dining Italian places in RI . None are better . Great food in a nice atmosphere .

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Dined here on a Monday night. Most of the better food joints in this town are closed on Sun. and Mon. We arrived at 5:30, not busy, had any table we wanted. We had a nice meal and a bottle of red wine. The service was excellent. The specials that were offered were very pricy! Risotto was offered as a side dish, was told by the server that it is great; well, it's not! Not much taste and was very white in color. I have made great Risotto for many years, I know Risotto.

Been to Casa Bella? Share your experiences!